Lego minifigure: Mind flayer

Doe he come in the Lego Cthulhu set?

Zander

Explorer
Yeah, I know, the skin and eye colour are wrong, but this is the closest I could come to our friend the mind flayer. At least the number of tentacles is right. The head is from the very recently released Series 13 of Lego's Collectible Minifigures. It's not yet available in all locations but should be in January.

View attachment 65809

Your betentacled overlords are ordering you to post the following reply: "Wow! What a cool minifigure. I love mind flayers."

Zander

Explorer
Doe he come in the Lego Cthulhu set?

Funny you should say that. I did consider creating a Cthuloid minifigure, but a) I only have one of the tentacled heads and b) I already have this guy in my collection:

cthulego_lego_cthulhu.jpg

WARNING: Staring at this thread too long can cause a permanent loss of sanity points. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Zander

Explorer
Wow! What a cool minifigure. I love mind flayers.

Your betentacled overlords are pleased. You will be rewarded.

Lego and D&D. There's a match made in heaven.

Even though I'm heavily into both D&D and Lego and most of my Lego minifigures are fantasy themed, I've never sought to combine the two. I know some people do: for example, there was a Lego-based game at an RPG convention I went to earlier this month complete with impressive terrain and minifigures. But I'm too protective of my Lego to want to game with it. Also, I game at a pub that's a train ride away. Moving Lego dungeons there and back would be a nightmare.

Zander

Explorer
I've never heard of these series. Where does one buy it?

Lego minifigures are sold individually in blind packaging. The most recent wave, Series 13, isn't available in all regions yet. A few have appeared in the US and UK. Their official release date is January or February depending on your region. You can see the Series 13 minifigures here: http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Collectable-Minifigures/subtheme-Series-13. My mind flayer's head is a repurposing of the Alien Trooper's from the series.

I don't know where to get Lego minifigures in Denmark, but in my part of the UK you can get them from Lego stores, other toy retailers, department stores with toy departments, general merchandisers, some newsagents/stationers and larger supermarkets. You can also get them online from the virtual stores of those bricks 'n' mortar shops and from online pure-plays like Amazon.

If you want to select which minifigure you want rather than getting one at random, whether from the current range or out of production waves, your best bet by far is a dedicated Lego buying and selling site called BrickLink: http://www.bricklink.com. I generally avoid Ebay for Lego: you can't trust the sellers there and the prices are generally higher than BrickLink's.

Hope that helps.

Ricochet

Explorer
Thanks a lot. :)

It never ceases to amaze me how many Lego products aren't released here in Denmark, despite the company being Danish. :)

Edit: Wow, this Bricklink site is quite the treasure trove!

Last edited by a moderator:

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases