Elemental Evil Player's Companion Now Available in Print!

Drivethru is offering a POD version of the Elemental Evil Player's Companion (premium and...

Drivethru is offering a POD version of the Elemental Evil Player's Companion (premium and standard).

While that's awesome all by itself, I'm hoping it means that older titles will become POD as well.

Nice find. $8.00 is way cheaper than OfficeMax was willing to charge ($15) to print the same thing.

I hope too that some of the modules and softcovers become PoD, but I'm not sure about the hardcovers/box sets.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
WotC and DrivethruRPG are offering a print-on-demand version of the Elemental Evil Player's Companion (premium and standard qualities) for $9.99. "Not inherently evil, elemental power can be mastered by those with both malevolent and benign intentions. The Elemental Evil Player’s Companion provides everything players need to build a character that is tied directly into the Elemental Evil storyline. New race options include the aarakocra, deep gnome, genasi, and goliath. Additionally, a plethora of new spells put the elements directly at your command. The Elemental Evil Player’s Companion, was original designed by Richard Baker, Robert J. Schwalb and Stephen Schubert, with additional design and development by Wizards D&D R&D."

While that's awesome all by itself, I'm hoping it means that older titles will become POD as well.

145542.jpg

Attachments

• 145542.jpg
    145542.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 12,048

Dionysos

Explorer
This is a big surprise and a very welcome one. I don't use pdfs much. It had been looking like all the printed rules content was going to be bundled with adventures, and I don't want published adventures. I'm glad WotC wants my money too!

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
This is a big surprise and a very welcome one. I don't use pdfs much. It had been looking like all the printed rules content was going to be bundled with adventures, and I don't want published adventures. I'm glad WotC wants my money too!

If all WotC cared about was getting your money, they wouldn't have offered it for free in the first place.

If all WotC cared about was getting your money, they wouldn't have offered it for free in the first place.

Heh, even when Wizards literally gives something away for free, they have to deal with complaints about why they didn't put it out in physical form. I suspect they're making very little margin, if any, off the $7.99 POD option - it has to be worth it just to not have to pay any more attention to complaints from those who were upset the content was offered digitally originally.

pukunui

Legend
I hope too that some of the modules and softcovers become PoD, but I'm not sure about the hardcovers/box sets.
For me, it would depend on the quality of the scan. Some of them aren't that great - like you can see the text from the reverse side of the paper in some of the older ones. I wouldn't want a printed copy of something like that. If the scan was good quality, though, then sure ... a cheap POD softcover of some things I've only got in pdf form would be choice.

bmfrosty

Explorer
In before the complaints.

Seriously. Someone will come into this thread in the next day or so talking about how WOTC is trying to rip them off with printed versions of free material.

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
$10 for a premium PDF is not bad. I am hoping they release Basic D&D in this fashion so I can get new players in the game without a $50 investment each. Also hope that once the Eberron UA gets finalized, it comes out this way, same with any other setting companions.

This is a great way to release smaller products.

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
$10 for a premium PDF is not bad. I am hoping they release Basic D&D in this fashion so I can get new players in the game without a $50 investment each. Also hope that once the Eberron UA gets finalized, it comes out this way, same with any other setting companions.

This is a great way to release smaller products.

No kidding, since there's basically no "cost" on a free product the price is really just there to cover the printing and any shipping costs which is nice.

Remove ads

Remove ads