D&D 5E Is One Year Old!

Today is the one-year anniversary of the first official physical D&D 5th Edition product - the D&D Starter Set! A boxed set containing a rules booklet and the adventure Lost Mine of Phandelver, along with a selection of pregenerated characters and a set of dice, the D&D Starter Set was launched in preferred stores (it hit other stores 11 days later) and was pretty solidly well received. To this date, it has a certified 86% rating right here on EN World. It has won a couple of awards, and is up for two ENnies this year in the Best Family Game and Best Production Values categories (people love boxes!)

Today is the one-year anniversary of the first official physical D&D 5th Edition product - the D&D Starter Set! A boxed set containing a rules booklet and the adventure Lost Mine of Phandelver, along with a selection of pregenerated characters and a set of dice, the D&D Starter Set was launched in preferred stores (it hit other stores 11 days later) and was pretty solidly well received. To this date, it has a certified 86% rating right here on EN World. It has won a couple of awards, and is up for two ENnies this year in the Best Family Game and Best Production Values categories (people love boxes!)

So, Happy Birthday D&D 5th Edition! You're one!

DD-Starter-Set-components.jpg

Image courtesy of Hero's Emporium

Talmek

Explorer
Happy birthday to the preferred system for my group. We used to be all 3.5 and PF - and then there was 5th.

I really would like to see the sales records for this edition when compared side by side to previous editions. I can't help but be curious to see where it is.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Happy Birthday! I look forward to the terrible twos. AD&D 1e was our preferred game for 30 years. 5e has managed to replace that, and I look forward to 30 more years of playing it.

pukunui

Legend
Many happy returns of the day, D&D 5e! And a hearty "good on ya" to all the peeps at WotC (and all the playtesters) who made it happen!

Remove ads

Remove ads