Which Is Your Favourite Storyline - Tyranny, Princes, Abyss, or Strahd?

Now that Curse of Strahd has been out for a while and everybody has had time to digest it, I thought it might be fun to do a poll on which of the four adventures released by WotC for D&D 5th Edition so far you like the best. Looking at EN World's reviews section, Curse of Strahd is currently trending at 90%, Out of the Abyss at 83.5%, Princes of the Apocalypse at 90%, and the two Tyranny of Dragons adventures at 52.5% and 75% respectively. I've divided the poll into the four main "storylines", and slipped in Lost Mine of Phandelver from the starter set, too - just pick your favourite! Feel free to explain your choice in the comments, of course.
Now that Curse of Strahd has been out for a while and everybody has had time to digest it, I thought it might be fun to do a poll on which of the four adventures released by WotC for D&D 5th Edition so far you like the best. Looking at EN World's reviews section, Curse of Strahd is currently trending at 90%, Out of the Abyss at 83.5%, Princes of the Apocalypse at 90%, and the two Tyranny of Dragons adventures at 52.5% and 75% respectively. I've divided the poll into the four main "storylines", and slipped in Lost Mine of Phandelver from the starter set, too - just pick your favourite! Feel free to explain your choice in the comments, of course.

Find the poll here.

adventures_enworld.jpg

JohnnyZemo

Explorer
It's kind of weird to me that you have four products that were published by Wizards of the Coast in your graphic, but you don't use their logo anywhere. :)

Faenor

Explorer
It's kind of weird to me that you have four products that were published by Wizards of the Coast in your graphic, but you don't use their logo anywhere. :)

The book covers have WotC's logo on them - not the wotc logo itself, but a logo belonging to them.

ddaley

Explorer
I don't have as much time to read as I would like... I have read parts of most of these, with the exception of the Hoard/Tiamat ones because I am a player in those.

I have to say that the group for which I DM really liked Lost Mines. I think what they liked about it was that it was a series of shorter quests. The series of shorter quests worked well with our sessions and I think they felt like they were accomplishing things as they completed each quest. I wish I knew of/could find more campaigns like that.

Personally, I really like how OotA begins. I have only read parts of the 2nd half of OotA, but don't think I am as crazy about that half. I wish it were less grandiose in scale actually. I am taking my group through OotA now, but not sure how they'll feel about the 2nd half. They just arrived in the Kua Toa village.

It has been quite a while since I have read PotA. Maybe that is more in line with the style of Lost Mines?

aramis erak

Legend
Tyranny. by far. Princes was not well presented, and not nearly as fun to run; more work.
Out of the Abyss I've barely even touched on outside the big module, which said big module is looking to resolve pretty damned quick after the library and some insane persuasion checks by the 9th level bard...

Werebat

Explorer
Interesting question. In a way, I have to go with Out of the Abyss, as its the only one I own and have run (although I do have both ToD and PotA here at the house). I have not read Strahd specifically because a friend already owns it and wants to run it in the future.

Remove ads

Remove ads