Monsters and Heroes of the Realms: a Dungeons & Dragons Coloring Book

This came out back towards the end of September. It's a 96-page paperback book filled with illustrations and artwork from the official D&D books, with 16 pages of full-color inspirations. WotC has posted a couple of quick looks inside - a map and the beholder. It seems to me like it would be a decent Christmas gift for a kid (though I understand many adults enjoy colouring in, too!) You may be able to find it in your friendly local game store, or you can grab it from Amazon (US, UK; you can probably find the rest!)

This came out back towards the end of September. It's a 96-page paperback book filled with illustrations and artwork from the official D&D books, with 16 pages of full-color inspirations. WotC has posted a couple of quick looks inside - a map and the beholder. It seems to me like it would be a decent Christmas gift for a kid (though I understand many adults enjoy colouring in, too!) You may be able to find it in your friendly local game store, or you can grab it from Amazon (US, UK; you can probably find the rest!)

Other items coming soon are Dungeonology (a 30-page book in which Volo guides you around the Forgotten Realms) and Volo's Guide to Monsters (a 224-page hardcover with new monsters, playable races, and a deeper dive into some of the more iconic monsters). The three books are obviously aimed at different people; for most D&D players, though, it seems like Volo's Guide to Monsters is a must-buy. You can download the preface of that book for free - a one-page PDF with an intro by Yolo and notes from Elminster.

Going back to Matt Forbeck's Dungeonology, that's part of an "-ology" series of children' books (others include Egyptology, Wizardology, Alienology, and so on). The blog Power Score has scored an early copy and posted a review.

51A-4-ok2kL.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 12.10.07.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 12.10.31.png

Li Shenron

Legend
I am thinking about getting this for my kids for Xmas, but it would be good to know if it contains something too "horror" for 6-7yo... Some of the DMG monsters were a bit too creepy for them (some devils/demons, undead and giants).

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
[MENTION=1465]Li Shenron[/MENTION], did you see that beholder? Stuff of nightmares. It's not even smiling. And since I doubt today's teens are into crayons and books, this looks like an adult coloring book to me.

Li Shenron

Legend
[MENTION=1465]Li Shenron[/MENTION], did you see that beholder? Stuff of nightmares. It's not even smiling. And since I doubt today's teens are into crayons and books, this looks like an adult coloring book to me.

Beholders don't scare my kids :) The wacky monsters make them laugh, it's the undead and some other near-humans like the hill and cloud giants which creeped them out.

Zander

Explorer
I could be mistaken but I believe this is the only official D&D book ever published in both English and American. Most have been in American with a few in English, e.g. the 1E Fiend Folio. I don't think we've ever had both before.

Remove ads

Remove ads