Flying Buffalo Release Classic City Books in PDF!

Flying Buffalo started the Catalyst series of supplements back in 1981 with the first Grimtooths Traps. The first of their CityBooks, Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker followed in 1982, winning that years H.G. Wells Award for Best Role Playing Adventure. The series comprised of systemless books that could be used for any roleplaying game and, as such, are as useful today as they were when they were originally published. Now, for the first time, Flying Buffalo have released the seven books in the CityBooks series as well as the Treasure Vault book as scanned PDFs.

CityBook I: Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker (1982)
Featuring 25 city-based establishments with over 75 fully-illustrated non-player characters, and scenario suggestions for use with any roleplaying system.

CityBook II: Port o’ Call (1984)
Featuring 22 seaside business, over 70 fully developed non-player personalities, and more than 60 scenarios for use with any role-playing system.

CityBook III: Deadly Nightside (1987)
Featuring 18 nightside businesses and cultural establishments, and more than 60 fully developed non-player personalities, with scenario suggestions, for use with any role-playing system.

Citybook IV: On The Road (1990)
Featuring 13 travel-related businesses and over 72 60 fully developed non-player personalities, with scenario suggestions, for use with any role-playing system.

CityBook V: Sideshow (1991)
Featuring 19 decidedly nonhuman establishments and over 50 fully-developed non-player personalities, with scenario suggestions, for use with any role-plying system.

CityBook VI: Up Town (1992)
Featuring 16 businesses and cultural establishments from the City’s wealthiest district and over 70 fully developed non-player personalities, with scenario suggestions, for use with any roleplaying system.

CityBook VII: King’s River Bridge (1997)
Featuring 25 fully-described adventure settings and over 70 non-player personalities for use with any role-playing system.

Treasure Vault (1984)
A collection of 26 unusual items with 38 interlocked personalities in 57 suggested scenarios for any role playing system.

All the books, along with the Grimtooth Traps books, are now all available on DriveThruRPG.

My brother and I have several of these boxed away (I think at his house, but we're in the same city now). I preferred developing my own though. The "Cities" book I found most useful was Midkemia Press's Cities book. I still reference it and Expeditious Retreat Press's Magical Medieval Society book. Those are available in PDF on the Midkemia site and Drivethrough respectively. I need to review the Flying Buffalo Citybooks I have and decide if I want to pick them up. Best thing about PDFs, well the two best things, are saving wear and tear on older physical books and filling out collections...

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases