...D&D, Pathfinder, Tabletop RPGs
  • Morrus' Daily RPG News Updates RSS Feed

Welcome back you scallawags! I hope you’re ready for another PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP because we go some exciting and new features for all you returning readers! We got a big ol’ pile of third-party and other supplemental products for you to sink your teeth into, so let’s get started!

WotC has released another in their series of Magic: the Gathering/Dungeons & Dragons crossovers, with the Plane Shift: Ixalan setting. Click on the image below for the 47-page PDF!

Goodman Games announced at GaryCon last year a license with Wizards of the Coast to publish 5th Edition conversions of classic Dungeons & Dragons adventures, as well as reproductions of the original first edition versions. The first two adventures up for the 5th Edition treatment are B1: In Search of the Unknown and B2: The Keep on the Borderlands. Today, Goodman Games have revealed the preliminary front cover design for Into The Borderlands as well as an interview with Chris Doyle, who converted both the adventures to 5th Ed.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! This week we have not one, but TWO, Starfinder campaigns, a post-apocalyptic fantasy Savage Worlds setting, a 5th edition version of a 4th edition ENnie winner, and we finally welcome John Carter of Mars to our gaming tables. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Over on EN5ider, the 5th Edition patreon, the next part of the critically-acclaimed ZEITGEIST adventure path continues the party's investigations into the goings-on in Flint. Can they track down Hana "Gale" Soliogn; and what will happen when the investigate the foreign doctor, Wolfgang von Recklinghausen?

It is a new year. They already did the big lists of what everyone is looking forward to here at the site, and there are some great games on that list, but in this, my first column of the new year, I'm going to talk a bit about the things that I am looking forward to seeing, and playing, in the new year. None of this is in any particular order, just as it bubbles up into my rambling thoughts on things.

Here at EN World, I'm looking at all-ages tabletop role-playing games, board games, and card games. Do they engage the players at the kids' gaming table? Would they cut it at the adults' table? Are they genuinely fun for every age? My Little Pony: Tails of Equestria is an officially licensed RPG designed to let fans immerse themselves in MLP.

In a blast from the past, WotC founder Peter Adkison shared this photo (courtesy Alex Kammer) of a press release from back in 1997, which surfaced while going through some old TSR files.

It's been a while, but there's a new Unearthed Arcana from WotC's Mike Mearls and Jeremy Crawford. There are three new subclasses to playtest, including the Druid Circle of Spores; the Fighter Brute; and the Wizard School of Invention.

Before the rise of TSR and its premiere game, Dungeons & Dragons, Avalon Hill was the dominant force in the tabletop gaming industry. Avalon Hill has since been absorbed by its competitor and is now a wargame brand of Wizards of the Coast. How did it comes to this?

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

Today I am going to discuss a destroyer of kings and armies, slayer of nations, stealer of lives and maker of orphans and widows. Yes, we are talking about pestilence. Plagues and diseases have reshaped human history and there is much that we can adapt for worldbuilding purposes.

Back in Ye Olden Days, when I was first starting out running RPG campaigns, I sincerely believed that the worst thing that could happen to a player-character would be for them to die. This belief was encouraged, in part, by the mechanics of the games I was running at the time, particularly AD&D, with its classic binary Hit Point mechanic: positive Hit Points mean the character is healthy and mobile and all that other good stuff; zero or negative Hit Points equal death (or, at best, a discommodious unconsciousness).

I kind of got the jump on DriveThruRPG with my New Year, New Game Week, but I was rushing out the door for our visit with friends and family back east for the holidays, and it just made sense for the very first week of 2018. I hope you all had a grand time with your holidays, and I hope you have a great year of gaming ahead of you. Here's some solid suggestions for you to explore...

A group of designers, publishers and editors have come together to form New Agenda Publishing, a publishing cooperative/consortium made up of Misha Bushyager, designer for Chill: Save and Lovecraftesque as well as being an editor of the award winning #FEMINISM microgame collection, Eloy Lasanta, the ENnie Award winning publisher of Third Eye Games, and designer and publisher Jerry Grayson of Khepera Publishing.

When someone says a game is "fun," you probably don’t really know what they mean, and maybe they don’t, either. Until you recognize that what's fun for you isn't necessarily fun for every game player, you cannot be a good GM.

It's time for the statistics which tell us what games are being played on Fantasy Grounds, the virtual tabletop. This always gives a great sampling of which games are popular at the moment. As usual, D&D 5E leads by a large margin, followed by Pathfinder, D&D 3.5, then Savage Worlds. "Core RPG" in the data below refers to Fantasy Grounds' 'default' RPG module, so can reasonably be viewed as the "other" option. These stats represent the whole of 2017.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game crowdfunding campaigns! This week brings us a film noir RPG from a first time designer, the twenty-fourth installment of a 5th Edition adventure series from someone who's certainly not a first timer, a 5th Ed/Pathfinder setting, a d20/3.5 setting and a superpowered fiction anthology! Oh, and also my own latest campaign... If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Gathox Vertical Slum is a rules supplement and setting book for old school fantasy role-playing games (in the mode of Dungeons & Dragons) that combines a European weird fantasy sensibility with the claustrophobic oppressiveness of Judge Dredd's Mega City One setting. Fans of the French artist Moebius or the psychedelic sensibilities of Alejandro Jodorowsky will find plenty to spice up their campaigns with this game book. Gathox is the singular vision of writer and artist D.L. Johnson.

Rifts Atlantis, the second World Book for the Rifts RPG covers the legendary lost continent. Slightly shorter than its predecessor, it still packs a wealth of content into its 161 pages. Beginning with a brief history of the lost continent by Rifts character Erin Tarn, the reader is exposed to the backstory of the continent. This section is well-written and insightful, providing a superb jumping point for using this setting in one’s own Rifts campaign.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8