...D&D, Pathfinder, Tabletop RPGs
  • Morrus' Daily RPG News Updates RSS Feed

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

Social games are all the buzz thanks to a raft of interviews and marketing pushes by Hasbro and Mattel touting the benefits of "social gaming." Long before these game juggernauts discovered the term, tabletop role-players were gathering around a table and playing games. But the new kids on the block may still be able to teach tabletop gamers a few things.

If you run a big RPG campaign, with a lot happening other than the adventures of the characters, often there will be a war on. I had to create a list of fundamental patterns of warfare for an online class I'm teaching, and thought the list might benefit GMs.

Pinnacle Entertainment Group is running a Kickstarter for their upcoming official Flash Gordon roleplaying game. They've kindly sent along an exclusive preview for me to share! The caveat is that they asked me to mention that this is not final text, and things may change. Below you can see three page spreads straight from the book.

Sins of the Father is a uniquely dark storytelling role-playing game created by Eloy Lasanta of Third Eye Games. The prime mechanics of this 2017 ENnie Award nominee, utilizes standard decks of playing cards, rather than dice. Player characters will be taking the role as Hellborn, humans born without agency of their soul, and bearers of a dark ancestral secret. After the jump you will find spoilers for Sins of the Father, so be warned.

While a great many tabletop RPG products are created and published in the United States, more and more fantastic and top-quality products are coming from amazingly talented folks from all over the world. With the release of Awaken from Croatia's The Games Collective, I decided to take a look at other non-US companies and point out some top-notch stuff. Let's take a tour!

We all suspected this was coming, but Cubicle 7 has just announced that the classic campaign, The Enemy Within, is coming to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition next year. "To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of The Enemy Within Campaign we’re going to be releasing an updated deluxe, “Directors Cut” edition of The Enemy Within Campaign for Fourth Edition!"

Cubicle 7 has teased a deluxe boxed Moria set for its The One Ring RPG. There's not much to know, yet - just a short teaser video showing the title. "A deluxe boxed set for The One Ring and Adventures in Middle-earth.Written Gareth Ryder Hanrahan with Francesco Nepitello." Anyone feel like crossing the Bridge of Khazad-dûm?

As of this post, it's just 8 hours until the Xenomorphs: The Fall of Somerset Landing Kickstarter ends! That's 8pm in the UK, 1pm US Central Time. We have all these books ready for you - won't you give one of them a home?

In my last column I showed you the processes I used for worldbuilding. Now let's see those lessons applied in an example setting.

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! Wizards of the Coast releases codename release dates for four new products and a statement on harassment in the Magic: The Gathering community, CMON releasing a Munchkin board game, Epic Games files a lawsuit with far-reaching effects for online gaming media, and more!

As we do every year, I'm taking nominees for the big public poll. A game will only be in the big poll if it is nominated here. What's your most anticipated RPG of 2018? Rules - as always - it must be a standalone RPG. NOT a supplement, adventure, sourcebook, expansion, or accessory. It must be scheduled for release in 2018. If they were coming out in 2018, Dungeons & Dragons would count; Xanathar's Guide would not. Taking nominations for one week. Post your nomination as a reply below.

Cubicle 7 has confirmed that Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition's release date is "mid-2018", with a specific date to be nailed down later. They've also shared the covers of both the Starter Set and the Core Rules!

At the beginning of November a free preview appeared online for a new Dennis Detwiller (Delta Green; Wild Talents; Godlike) penned setting, published by Monte Cook Games, called Unmasked. At the same time a 20-page short story, Unmasked: Day One was also released. If Detwiller's involvement wasn’t enough to get me excited the tag line ”Superpowers and Horror in a Dark Eighties just further ticked my boxes. Now the complete 192-page setting, using the Cypher System, has been released, and it looks good…

Sandy Petersen, the original designer of the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game and now one of owners of Chaosium, has returned to writing for the game with an all-new anthology of modern day adventures. Petersen’s Abominations, currently available as a PDF with a hardcover edition due early 2018, contains five one-shot games that include ready-to-play characters allowing players to dive straight in.

In this installment of the podcast roundup we’re looking at podcasts that generate ideas on how you can improve your game, from sharpening your GM and storytelling skills to how to turn your hobby into a career.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

One of my favorite retroclones has long been Chris Gonnerman's work of love, the Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game. Basic Fantasy (as I'll shorten the title to for the rest of this piece) flies under the radar of a lot of gamers, even those among the old school fandoms, because it isn't a flashy game, and it doesn't feature the works of creators who spend their copious free time being edgy online. What the game does is to be a solid presentation of a fantasy ruleset that builds off of the 3.x SRD material in a way that is simple and to the point. It combines a reverence for the old with a respect for the last thirty years of game design. And, it does all of this with one of the most engaged fanbases that I think I have seen online.

Welcome back, my most content-famished readers, it’s time for the PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP! Here, we bundle up the latest juicy deets from the Golem. Following last edition’s in-depth focus on Paizo’s newest player supplement, it is once again time to shine the spotlight on the little guys. That’s right, it’s time for another Third Party Extrrrravaganza!

The mecha-robot craze reached its peak in the 80s, but the controversy over who owns the Japanese-imported robot designs continues to rage on as nostalgia-fueled games hash out the rights. A recent lawsuit filed by Harmony Gold against FASA's founder is proof the battle isn't over.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8