// D&D and RPG News Updates
  • // D&D and RPG News Updates RSS Feed

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

Many comic book universes have undergone a revamp that updates heroes and clears out any complex continuity. The New 52, Rebirth, All-New All-Different Marvel: the list goes on. Now we see the pre-eminent super-hero game get a similar treatment with Green Ronin's Freedom City 3rd edition for the Mutants & Masterminds game. Is this the perfect jumping on point, or do changes make things difficult for users? Read on and find out!

Itís been a while, Roundup fans, but worry not, the PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP is back and chock-full of news from the Golem and all your favorite games! We got more updates for the War for the Crown Adventure Path, and more books for the discerning Dungeon Master. Letís get started!

Today's Pathfinder 2nd Edition news update is a mixed bag covering Golarion's "infusion" (or "dusting") in the core rules, how the playtest process works, and the reasoning by the new Ancestry terminology. But, most importantly, we get our first introduction to the new elves and dwarves from the upcoming edition!

The mechanisms (legal, financial, and production-wise) WotC crafted with DriveThruRPG for the Dungeon Masters Guild launched a whole new concept in our hobby and industry. Community created content has always been a part of gaming (see the Perrin Conventions of 1976), but never has the concept been so well-supported - encouraged, even - to include the capacity for fans to actually earn money for the things they create in support of their favorite systems and settings. This week was a celebration of that rather powerful set of tools.

This week on Critical Role we see Xhorhasian assassins, cosmic dreams, intra-party drama, surprising character revelations, a callback to Campaign 1, and a mid-episode level-up!

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this weekís gaming news! Steve Jackson Games makes an April 1st announcement that turns out to be true, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Fourth Edition gets a release date, find out more about your favorite game designers through #AprilTTRPGMaker, and more!

Spirit of 77 is a combination of street racers and kung-fu fighters, cross-country road races, and big scores in the big city with a killer '70s soundtrack. If you have ever wanted to cross paths with Bigfoot and punch him right in the face because heís asking for it, then Spirit of 77 is for you.

Some folks have been less than happy about the inclusion of the Goblin in Pathfinder's 2nd Edition core ancestry lineup. Designer Jason Bulmahn offered some comment, while Vic Wertz comments on the physical size and weight of the playtest products due in August.

For EN5ider's 200th article, we introduce the first in a new series called Enchanted Trinkets! These 13 minor magical items include the Butter Knife of Perfect Serving, Flask of Inebriation, Signaling Ammunition, and the Wig of Styling, amongst others. By Erik Evjen; illustrated by Yihyoung Li.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! This week we see dragons over Mesoamerica, a couple of 5th edition adventures, journey into the black in a game of interstellar colonization, horror in the time of Edgar Allan Poe, a new Top Secret mission, and some more great Mythos inspired dice sets! If you have anything youíd like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please donít hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

One of the people that I game with locally has been running a game over the last few months of Gaslight Call of Cthulhu for the group of us at our monthly get together. As a backer of the Kickstarter, he has been using the Hudson and Brand setting by Stygian Fox as the foundation of our game. Because of this I picked up the company's new The Book of Contemporary Magical Things.

Today's Pathfinder 2nd Edition update is all about the Goblin! Paizo introduces the first (and the newest) of the game's Ancestries. As always, this information will be added to the Pathfinder 2nd Edition Compiled Info Page!

The grizzled warrior sitting across from me squinted at me with his one good eye, I assume trying to size me up with his intuition. "Are you calling me a fossil?" The scars on his arms leered at me, looking as if their very history would reach out any moment and strike me. "Uh, no. I was asking if you have any tomes on dinosaurs?" I tried to swallow my whiskey with a confidence I wasn't feeling.

The special features tables for magic items are among 5Eís most flavorful additions. These details grant even the plainest of such items a unique feel. Still, any given list of options only remains fresh for so long. Presented in this series are additional random tables, adding new details and features. In this installment, Ari Marmell offers new minor magical properties for your magic items; previous instalments covered Origins and History.

The term "race" is a staple of fantasy that is now out of sync with modern usage. With Pathfinder shifting from "race" to "ancestry" in its latest edition, it raises the question: should fantasy games still use it?

Following on from the massive popularity and success of Loot Boxes in MMO video games such as Star Wars: Battlefront, WotC has announced that they will be coming to D&D! Loot Boxes, which are priced randomly, will be available from your local game store. Inside, customers will find a randomised selection of items, including inspiration dice, bonus levels, and automatic free completion of the current adventure.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

Most role-playing game adventures depend on the player characters going out into the world seeking adventure. They leave their homes or bases of operation and travel to a dungeon, a wizard's tower or a newly discovered planet. But sometimes an adventure designer wants to take the story to the players' doorstep.

The launch date for Cubicle 7's WFRP 4E has been revealed -- the game is being released at the UK Games Expo in Birmingham, 1st-3rd June. Check out the video below at the 19-minute mark.

Page 7 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13