...D&D, Pathfinder, Tabletop RPGs
  • Morrus' Daily RPG News Updates RSS Feed

Two new Xanathar's Guide to Everything sub-class preview videos have gone up, with WotC's Mearls talking about the fighter's Arcane Archer and the sorcerer's Divine Soul. Check them out - and the ensuing discussion - at those links.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

This week in EN Publishing's updates, we have the next part of the ZEITGEIST adventure path for 5th Edition players, a system to randomly generate a memorably island for Pathfinder fans, rules for REP-based character ranks (along with sample rank structures for a range of fantasy, modern, and sci-fi organisations) for WOIN, along with the latest episode of Turn Order: Warped!

The limitless boundaries of interactive fiction and role-playing have always held the promise that anyone could imagine playing anybody else. Despite the fact that there were several important female contributors to the creation of the hobby, it took some time for the hobby to reflect their diverse contributions.

Imagine contemporary life without clothing. No socks to prevent feet from blistering, no pockets for keys, change or the omnipresent smartphone. It is true that naturists do get by fairly well with purses or fanny packs, but such individuals tend to be concentrated in areas with balmier climes for obvious and pertinent reasons such as frostbite in sensitive places.

Earlier this year, EN Publishing announced the Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD tabletop adventure game, a roleplaying game powered by the What's OLD is NEW (WOIN) roleplaying game system. We are excited to share the first of a series of small previews of the game, which will be coming to game tables near you this winter.

Role play is breaking into the mainstream! While games like Dungeons and Dragons might once have been confined to people's basements, the success of shows like Critical Role, Acquisitions Incorporated and The C-Team has resulted in a deluge of new podcasts on subjects ranging from insightful DM advice to thrilling live-play. The downside of this is the sheer number of new podcasts coming can be a little overwhelming. It can be hard to decide which ones are worth listening to and impossible to find the time to listen to all of them. Well worry not, it's EN World to the rescue! It this series of articles we'll be highlighting some of the best and newest RPG podcasts to fill your ears with during the grey time between games.

Every day of the year on this planet has its share of death and tragedy, but I think most can agree there's been a rather intense and poignant spate of reminders lately of just how dark and painful things can be. To that end, I wanted to shine the spotlight on gaming things that celebrate healers, diplomats, and adventuring that celebrates other means of conflict resolution. I am pretty thrilled at how many beautiful and uplifting things I found. (PS - I rearranged the order from the actual week's chronology due to the small image Evil Hat used for Do.)

Whether they are magical hybrids, alien invaders or creatures warped by a curse, perytons are single minded in their pursuit of their victims. If, as that shape in the sky draws closer, you notice that it casts a humanoid shadow on the ground below, beware! Once a peryton decides it wants to eat your heart, the only way to stop it is to kill it. The peryton has appeared in every edition since AD&D -- join the Monster ENCyclopedia as we take a look at this half-giant eagle, half-stag monstrousity.

WotC's Mearls talks to D&D Beyond about the Warlock Celestial subclass in Xanathar's Guide to Everything. "What we've established in the cosmology of Dungeons & Dragons, is that clerics are tied to the divine beings, gods, or concepts and viewed with the divine, so it might be like the silver flame from Eberron. The celestial though is rather than being a divine being per se, it's a celestial being so it could be something like an angel, a ki-rin, a unicorn or anything else that's a powerful good aligned creature but it doesn't necessarily have to be a God."

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! Game companies come to the aid of hurricane victims once again, Fantasy Flight announces details for two games, Modiphius releases pre-order info for Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, Games Workshop releases their annual fiscal report, and more!

WotC's Extra Life charity campaign has hit the $20k mark, so they've unlocked the Sample Life Events preview from Xanathar's Guide. First, you roll on a table for your age, then on some other tables, including Adventures, Crime, Boons, etc. Looks like a fun way to add a bit of random color to your character's backstory.

Now available in PDF format (softcover coming soon) is [WOIN] Modern Equipment - everything from jet packs to Walther PPKs to classic sports cars to space suits. An essential book for any WOIN game set in the modern day.

Written by Rich Lescouflair and published by Alligator Alley Entertainment, Esper Genesis is an RPG subtitled Heroic Sci-Fi Roleplaying. The cover bears a "5E Compatible" stamp, and indeed this game presents what is essentially the current edition of D&D reskinned for over-the-top space opera gaming.

Next up, it's Xanathar's Guide's samurai subclass! "The samurai is in the book because the samurai is a great example of a word that people want to use to say "This is my character, I'm playing a samurai right [snark type people like?] so then when you say what does the samurai include you have to ask yourself well clearly when someone is saying here in this Forgotten Realms campaign, or whatever campaign, "I want to play a samurai". They're clearly not saying "I want to play a noble born warrior from feudal Japan who has a warlord", okay, that's probably not what they're saying. They're referring to what I what I think of is like the comic book or movie version of the samurai" said Mearls to D&D Beyond.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

The Fate Adversary Toolkit, the latest in the Toolkit line of supplements for Fate Core from Evil Hat Productions, opens up some interesting new avenues for your Fate games. Written by Ed Turner and Brian Engard, one of the architects of the Fate Core rules, this supplement widens the scope of the adversaries that characters can face in Fate Core games. Building off of the idea of the Fate Fractal and expanding the idea of adversaries beyond being a character or a creature that you can get into a conflict with during a game session, the Fate Adversary Toolkit brings some smart new ideas to the gaming table.

Two years ago John Wick broke all the records for a Tabletop Roleplaying Game Kickstarter when 7th Sea: Second Edition raised $1,316,813. Now he returns to the world of Theah in this brand new standalone RPG that expands the setting to new shores. Welcome to Khitai.

The weekly EN Publishing news roundup includes some terrifyingly disgusting Abolithic Servitors for 5th Edition games, four new knightly orders for Pathfinder cavaliers, the latest episode of Turn Order: Warped (with a new cast member!) and some previews of WOIN's upcoming Xenomorph 2: The Fall of Somerset Landing!

Making a change from all those lovely pictures of Jeremy Crawford on EN World's front page, this time it's Mike Mearls who speaks to D&D Beyond about the Cleric Forge Domain in Xanathar's Guide, along with some interesting observations about baked potatoes.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12