// D&D and RPG News Updates
  • // D&D and RPG News Updates RSS Feed

It's time to take a look at Pathfinder 2nd Edition's treatment of archetypes. Archetypes are one of the most widely used additions to Pathfinder 1st Edition, and in 2nd Edition they are an integral part of the game. Let's take a look!  ...READ MORE

Role-playing games are not immune to the tribalism that is itself a symptom of the Internet bringing humanity together. Defining oneself by an allegiance to a topic and defending it from others has been around as long as humanity has been interacting. To understand the controversies that sometimes roil geek fandom, sports teams provide a useful guide on what constitutes a "fan."

...READ MORE

Welcome back to this weeks look at the new releases hitting your FLGS in the next few days, as well as a Spotlight on some recent PDF releases. Highlights this week include Pelgrane Press' The Fall of Delta Green RPG using their Gumshoe system! For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.
     ...READ MORE

Mike Carr played the first cleric in the history of fantasy tabletop role playing games. Like, the very first. Ever. In the decades since, the character class has earned a spot at the core of the hobby, so when Carr casually mentioned in an email that he played the first one in a now-legendary campaign, it seemed like a follow-up question was necessary. But for Carr, it's just another interesting footnote in a life in gaming.

...READ MORE

I run a weekly D&D game for children ages 8-14 at my shop. When I took over our Young Heroes League program last fall, I had very little experience as a DM. I started running an Adventurer’s League table for adult players a few months later, which is easy by comparison. There isn’t much the grownups can throw at me that I haven’t already dealt with on some level while wrangling the kids.

...READ MORE

Cubicle 7 has previewed the core character statistics of its upcoming Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay -- Weapon Skill, Ballistic Skill, Strength, Toughness, Initiative, Agility, Dexterity, Intelligence, Willpower, and Fellowship.  ...READ MORE

This week we have games from classic Old School to classic Indie, with nods to 5th Edition & Pathfinder as well as a new Savage World setting, a new card-driven sci-fi horror game and the return of the Starchildren... Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game crowdfunding roundup!
     ...READ MORE

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! Critical Role leaving Geek & Sundry, Origins Award Winners, Pathfinder 2nd Edition previews, multiple charity promotions, and more!

...READ MORE

I cannot believe it’s June already, folks, but time waits for no man - and neither does our fearless Golem! Welcome back to the PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP, my friends! There are Adventure Path updates and Player Companions and even some Pocket Editions coming out, and we’ll get those Pocket Editions even well into the era of Pathfinder 2E. There’s always something new for you stalwart readers, so let’s dig in!

...READ MORE

In our first 'real' episode we take a look at the two upcoming official D&D adventures - Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, and Dungeon of the Mad Mage. We cover the weekly RPG news, including the Diana Jones Award nominees and the Origins Award winners, play our favourite game in all the world, "Guess The Kickstarter From Just The Title", talk a little about Free RPG Day, answer your GM Advice queries, and introduce for your bafflement and mockery our take on Monty Python's "Cheese Shop" sketch. Plus a contest, where you might win a shiny copy of Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. Enjoy!
     ...READ MORE

Today our Dragon Reflections column takes a look at the second issue of The Dragon magazine. This issue was big on fiction from well known names in fantasy fiction, but lighter on gaming content. What was in this issue? Let's look!

...READ MORE

In the latest Pathfinder 2nd Edition news, we get a look at the monk! This is quite a long entry, with details on class features, class feats, fighting styles, and ki.  ...READ MORE

This past Saturday, I ran a game of Fate Accelerated (like last year) at a local gaming store for Free RPG Day. A couple of the players were unfamiliar with the game, but this isn't unusual since a lot of people use events like this to play games that they wouldn't normally get to play. But running sessions like this point out the importance of Session Zeroes in gaming, even if the session is a mini one.

...READ MORE

The Witch of Wilds, grandmother of Satan, gourmand of children, and crone of crones is today’s star on Mythological Figures: Baba Yaga!  ...READ MORE

Expanding the Gemini character class (from EN5ider #207), Mike Myler presents two new Balances - the Atavist, who is divided between the past and future; and the Equalist, consumed by the pursuit of balance. Illustrated by Indi Martin. Available only on EN5ider, the 5th Edition Patreon!  ...READ MORE

Today I want to talk about a subject that is near and dear to adventurers. Yes, we’re talking about money. Money is a medium for exchanges. It is accepted in payment for goods, services and debts. Different cultures handle money and currency differently, however, and what is accepted as currency can change with time, so let’s do a little digging and see what we turn up.

...READ MORE

This years Origins Award Winners were announced at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio, this last weekend. Among the categories were two RPG ones (Best Role-Playing Game of the Year; Best Role-playing Supplement of the Year) that had some strong contenders vying for the statuette.

...READ MORE

Gary Alan Fine's early survey of role-playing games found that everybody cheated. But the definition of what cheating is when it applies to role-playing games differs from other uses of the term. Does everyone really cheat in RPGs?
     ...READ MORE

Wecome back to this weeks rundown of the new releases that will be hitting game this stores this week, as well as a look at some of the recent PDF releases from the last seven days! Green Ronin's Modern AGE Basic Rulebook leads the electronic releases whilst Mongoose's mega Great Rift Box Set for Traveller should be hitting your local game store shelves this week ! For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.
     ...READ MORE

Today is Free RPG Day! Free RPG Day was created in 2007, and enables gamers to play and pick up free tabletop roleplaying games at local game stores from publishers such as Paizo, Atlas Games, Steve Jackson Games, Goodman Games, Monte Cook Games, and more! want to find a participating retailer near you? Use this handy tool here!  ...READ MORE

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10