...D&D, Pathfinder, Tabletop RPGs
  • Morrus' Daily RPG News Updates RSS Feed

Long available in PDF format, the 1991 Dungeons & Dragons Rules Cyclopedia is now available as both softcover and hardcover from DriveThruRPG. This collects the Basic, Expert, Companion, and Masters D&D sets (1983-85) in one volume, and is a perfect collectors' item.

The campaign that our group will be starting next week (and that I wrote a little bit about here last week) got me to thinking about martial arts role-playing games in general. I am probably by no means an aficionado of martial arts movies, or media, but I have enjoyed some Chinese martial arts films over the years (my first college roommate was/is a martial artist and fan of the movies). Plus, I am more of a fan of contemporary settings, and unfortunately the number of games that combine these two things are few. However, today I am going to talk about the Tianxia: Blood, Silk and Jade role-playing game from Jack Norris and Vigilance Press.

There's a new Drizzt Do'Urden trilogy on its way! Timeless, by R.A. Salvatore, will be released as a 432-page hardcover on 18th September for $27.99 as the start of a new trilogy set in Menzoberranzan, the Underdark city of the Drow.

Over 80 starships from various races, ranging from Class 0 shuttles and fighters all the way up to Class XVIII carriers and battleships, by way of cruisers, frigates, destroyers, liners, transports, freighters, and more! This book contains ready-made starships for use in your WOIN games (compliant with the Starship Construction Manual). Coming Soon!

In Mythras, player characters are tied to family, village, and cults and their quests change the world around them and influence the direction of society’s growth. Mythras is mythic in scope and the PCs create legends with their adventures. This review covers a newcomer’s overall impression of Mythras.

The next book (both covers - standard and special edition - shown below) is a monster book/multiverse guide called Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. On Monday the official press release will be coming with more information. Amusingly, the books that Mike Mearls and Nathan Stewart held up in today's "Fireside Chat" said "Tomb of Foes"; fortunately these are just mockups and the book is still being worked on for a May release. More info on Monday! [5 FEB UPDATED WITH PRESS ANNOUNCEMENT]

As the cold weather in the real world continues, we continue our theme on EN5ider, the 5th Edition patreon! Avalanches, frozen bridges, mammoth warriors, winter riders, and wolves in the storm await in this article by James J. Haeck; illustrated by Ellis Goodson.

Fantasy is now much more mainstream, so it's easy to forget how influential the debut of the Harry Potter franchise was on the genre. And yet despite the blockbuster success of the franchise we never got an official Harry Potter tabletop role-playing game -- for Dungeons & Dragons or any other system.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, and Miniatures... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

We are unboxing the Starfinder Alien Archive Pawn Box, and taking a look inside. This pawn box includes precisely 326 cardstock pawns for use with the Starfinder RPG. The Starfinder Alien Archive Pawn Box is the second official pawn box produced Paizo Publishing for the Starfinder RPG, and not to be confused with Starfinder Core Rulebook Pawn Collection. Without further ado, let’s get into it!

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10