...D&D, Pathfinder, Tabletop RPGs
  • Morrus' Daily RPG News Updates RSS Feed

WotC has been using codenames for its upcoming products for some time, mainly to stop anybody figuring our what's in the pipeline. Those codenames end up as placeholders on bookstores and the like. Eagle-eyed reader Sean spotted some upcoming items on McNally Robinson, a Canadian bookstore's website.

Xanathar's Guide to Everything packs a lot of useful content for both players and DMs in its 192 pages. Here I'm going to expand on the first part of my review to cover the section that will probably be used the most by its readers – character options.

Redditor Paidin_Brewer reported new insights about Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition by Cubicle 7 from PAX Unplugged. What follows are the details the redditor learned -- early summer 2018 release, draws heavily on 1E and 2E, and no re-issued versions of older campaigns.

eSports -- game competitions facilitated by electronic systems -- are largely known for their multiplayer video game competitions. But with the rise of Dungeons & Dragons' presence on Twitch and the D&D Adventurer's League, an eSport for D&D isn't that far-fetched.

PAX Unplugged (a US convention) took place this weekend. These photos were taken by Robert Adducci. "A prison escape for an unlikely group of heroes turns into a race for an ancient relic sought by the Legion of Dusk. Can you brave the unknown and capture the treasure before the enemy does? This Dungeons & Dragons adventure is set on the plane of Ixalan from Magic: The Gathering. It uses 4th-level characters provided with the adventure."

Here at EN World, I’m looking at all-ages tabletop role-playing games, board games, and card games. Do they engage the players at the kids' gaming table? Would they cut it at the adults' table? Are they genuinely fun for every age? Instead of reviewing an all-ages game this time I’m looking at Medusa’s Guide for Gamer Girls - Gaming with Kids, a collection of essays about gaming with kids, what players gain from role-playing, and what GMs can bring to the gaming table.

Having passed $15,000 in the Xenomorphs: The Fall of Somerset Landing Kickstarter, it's time for a new preview! This page spread shows part of the Xenomorph Matriarch entry (one of four varieties of xenomorph found in the book), and the start of the description of the titular colony. The Kickstarter ends in under two weeks, and gets you two books: a 300-page core rulebook, and a 60-page setting book.

Launched just prior to this year's Gen Con, Storytellers Vault is a crowd-sourced content creation arrangement that allows fans of World of Darkness to create and sell supplements for their favorite games from that line. The Storytellers Vault is similar to the successful Dungeon Masters Guild program for Dungeons & Dragons, and indeed it uses the very same content guidelines.

Those in the know spent this week checking the temperature in the Nether Realms and wondering if Beelzebub might not be trying on ice skates. Why? Because that which never seemed possible came to pass - Steve Jackson Games is now on DriveThruRPG, currently selling 4th Edition GURPS products. They are also challenging the notion that PDFs must inherently be devalued (which, for those of us who strive to make a living at this, is a pretty big deal). Onward!

The Verge talks about D&D, live streaming, and the current popularity of tabletop roleplaying. Livestreaming is a big thing these days; it used to be a video game phenomenon, but tabletop gaming now has a massive presence.

Nearly two years have passed since the partnership between Wizards of the Coast and OneBookShelf entered into the "partnership" that lead to the creation of the Dungeon Masters Guild (DMG) website. With release of the Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition System Reference Document (SRD) and the DMG platform, Wizards of the Coast has been at the head of a pretty steady stream of new D&D content. Finders Keepers is my first opportunity to review something specifically created for the DMG, so let's have at it.

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! The 2017 Toy Hall of Fame inductees announced, WizKids developing Magic: The Gathering licensed products, Talisman returns to Asmodee (sort of), Cards Against Humanity gets political, industry business news, and more!

I've discussed topics in worldbuilding, and I hope they're interesting and educational, but today I'm going to discuss the process of worldbuilding, and how I go about it.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Game publishers are expected to be Jacks or Jills of All Trades, but a lot of things end up falling through the cracks. The reason why are many, and the primary one is that the bulk of the people publishing tabletop role-playing games are working with budgets that are pared pretty close to the bone and that often doesn't allow publishers to hire the experts that they may need to get their games the attention that they want. That is really the main purpose of these irregular Media 101 articles, to give publishers some tools to help them. In today's article I am going to discuss something esoteric and arcane: the press release.

This month's Unearthed Arcana article gives us four new elf subraces to playtest. "After the positive response to the eladrin a couple of months ago in Unearthed Arcana, we decided to explore four more elf subraces: avariel (winged elves), grugach (the wild elves of Greyhawk), sea elves, and shadar-kai (deathly servants of the Raven Queen)."

As the first actual rules expansion of 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons, Xanathar's Guide to Everything (XGtE) is facing an immense amount of scrutiny, guaranteeing that it won't please everyone. That said, there's a lot there for fans to like.

In Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD, a variety of vehicles are available, from the Judges' Lawmasters to today's preview, the airborne H-Wagon!

One of D&D’s hottest creatures lives in the coolest climes. Arctic explorers might place “burned alive” low down on their list of risks, but that’s exactly what will happen if they run into a remorhaz. A capable hunter, the remorhaz grows large enough to swallow a polar bear whole. Anything it eats is rapidly immolated by the chemical fires raging in the creature’s stomach. Join this edition of the Monster ENCyclopedia as we examine the remorhaz (from a safe distance).

Stranger Things uses the parallels between a Dungeons & Dragons adventuring party and its core characters to create a narrative about young heroes battling the forces of darkness in both the real and Upside-Down worlds. But when it comes to a particular iconic D&D monster, the Duffer brothers seem to have drawn upon monster lore that came out well after the second season takes place. THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10