...D&D, Pathfinder, Tabletop RPGs
  • Morrus' Daily RPG News Updates RSS Feed

The crew of Turn Order: Warped, the official live stream of the WOIN roleplaying game system, interrupted their normal space opera campaign for a one-off "Holosim" episode this last weekend for their 1-year anniversary. It's an awesome mishmash of genres, combining the Wild West, Xenomorphs, and Back to the Future... "In a special episode of Warped, the crew visits the Holosimulator for some R&R. The visit the wild west to try out a program from Ambassador Keith when Betty realizes that someone else should probably handle the holosim repairs from now on."

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

A lot has been made recently about specific games for gaming with your children. A lot of products in the last five years have focused on this with a wide variety options and feels from Hero Kids, Little Heroes and the upcoming Last Unicorn RPG from Playground Adventures. With that I thought I'd provide a review of a game I used for a long time to get kids into gaming – Steve Jackson Games's Toon.

So here we are on the shores of my home, the continent of North America where I want to talk about the indigenous people here. As this series of articles has gone on, it has grown into more than a just a collection of alternative myths that you or I can utilize in our campaigns. As more than a few people have pointed out, these articles only scratch the tip of the iceberg in terms of getting to know people around the world, their personal mythologies, and how we might respectfully represent them in role playing games. We do our best to find good sources; it has been quite an education to be honest.

We definitely took a crime-and-punishment approach to the Picks this week, inspired by the release of the preview version of Capers. These are products that focus on either the commission of crimes or playing the folks who take up the cause and the badge to deal with criminal intent. Whether you're looking to play gangsters and cutthroats trying to make a dishonest living, or the lawbringers who put it all on the line to protect the public.

Welcome back folks, it’s time for the PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP, your one-stop spot for all the new and interesting material coming from your favorite ever-giving golem. In this go-round, we’ll pick up some new toys that got left out of the earlier look at Ultimate Wilderness, and also introduce a brand new Player Companion. Let’s get started!

Kobold Press and Frog God Games have partnered up to launch a great bundle of 5E titles on Humble Bundle to raise money for the Navy Marine Corps Relief Fund. Last years Pathfinder bundle raised over $40k and with this years’ offering giving you up to $375 worth of games for only $17 or so they have already smashed that in under 24 hours – having already raised just under $100k!

Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play portrays a grungy world being infiltrated by Chaos magic and cultists. Beneath the dirty streets of Renaissance cities are the tunnels of the Skaven, ratmen, while in the highest halls of power leaders and rulers corrupted by Chaos plot the downfall of the kingdoms of men.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! This week we look a 5th Edition sourcebook for Dragon Kings, the latest updated game in the Chronicles of Darkness series, a supplement for an ENnie award winner, some old school adventuring, new dungeon tiles to spice up your table and a cookbook that'll drive your players insane! If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Last night our gaming group started a new game, dipping deep into the history of tabletop role-playing games we had decided to go for a game using the Original Dungeon & Dragons rules. The group has flirted around the edges of the ruleset with various retroclones over the years, but it has probably been a good thirty years since I've directly played the game. We had three players and the DM, and a night of adventure.

Like WotC's Dungeon Masters Guild and White Wolf's Storytellers Vault, Atlas Games has entered the field of fan-contributed content with the (appropriately) enigmatically-named Statosphere program for their Unknown Armies RPG.

We have a big preview of Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD for you this week! Three pages, containing an "example of play". Diane, Karl, Olivia and Sylvester are playing in an adventure run by Lena. They play a group of Judges: Diane and Sylvester are Street Judges, Karl is a Tek Judge while Olivia is a Psi Judge.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

Social games are all the buzz thanks to a raft of interviews and marketing pushes by Hasbro and Mattel touting the benefits of "social gaming." Long before these game juggernauts discovered the term, tabletop role-players were gathering around a table and playing games. But the new kids on the block may still be able to teach tabletop gamers a few things.

If you run a big RPG campaign, with a lot happening other than the adventures of the characters, often there will be a war on. I had to create a list of fundamental patterns of warfare for an online class I'm teaching, and thought the list might benefit GMs.

Pinnacle Entertainment Group is running a Kickstarter for their upcoming official Flash Gordon roleplaying game. They've kindly sent along an exclusive preview for me to share! The caveat is that they asked me to mention that this is not final text, and things may change. Below you can see three page spreads straight from the book.

Sins of the Father is a uniquely dark storytelling role-playing game created by Eloy Lasanta of Third Eye Games. The prime mechanics of this 2017 ENnie Award nominee, utilizes standard decks of playing cards, rather than dice. Player characters will be taking the role as Hellborn, humans born without agency of their soul, and bearers of a dark ancestral secret. After the jump you will find spoilers for Sins of the Father, so be warned.

While a great many tabletop RPG products are created and published in the United States, more and more fantastic and top-quality products are coming from amazingly talented folks from all over the world. With the release of Awaken from Croatia's The Games Collective, I decided to take a look at other non-US companies and point out some top-notch stuff. Let's take a tour!

We all suspected this was coming, but Cubicle 7 has just announced that the classic campaign, The Enemy Within, is coming to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition next year. "To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of The Enemy Within Campaign we’re going to be releasing an updated deluxe, “Directors Cut” edition of The Enemy Within Campaign for Fourth Edition!"

Cubicle 7 has teased a deluxe boxed Moria set for its The One Ring RPG. There's not much to know, yet - just a short teaser video showing the title. "A deluxe boxed set for The One Ring and Adventures in Middle-earth.Written Gareth Ryder Hanrahan with Francesco Nepitello." Anyone feel like crossing the Bridge of Khazad-dûm?

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8