10 Most Anticipated RPGs of 2013
  • Licensed Role-Playing Games: Threat Or Menace?

Let's just get the controversial statement out of the way: I'm not a fan of licensed settings in role-playing games. Today's column is rolling out of a Skype conversation that I had with a friend the other day. There's a lot of cool RPGs out there that are based upon cool movies, comic books, novels and cartoons. None of them are bad, and I'm not...

Read More

ESPN Calls Role-playing "Bad Fantasy"

The parallels between fantasy sports and fantasy role-playing games have long been noted by both geeks and jocks (mostly geeks). So it may come as a surprise to some that ESPN decided to draw a sharp distinction between the two with a commercial that casts fantasy role-play in a negative light. Can't We All Just Get...

Read More

ZEITGEIST #1 (Act 1): Island at the Axis of the...

The long-awaited first part of the critically acclaimed adventure path is here, and available exclusively on EN5ider, the 5th Edition Patreon! In factories throughout the city of Flint, months of ceasless toil by mages, engineers, and shipbuilders have finally concluded. Now well-wishers from across the nation of Risur have come to witness the launch...

Read More
  • 10 Most Anticipated RPGs of 2013

The countdown result of our surveys on EN World, Twitter, Facebook, and elsewhere to bring you 2013's most anticipated RPGs! To qualify, a release must be a full tabletop roleplaying game (not a supplement, setting, beta, playtest, or adventure) with a 2013 release date.

Comments 31 Comments
      Venthrac -
      Oh fantastic. I'll definitely check the booth out then.

Thanks, Wade!
      chrisshorb -
      Pretty good list. Taking out the new editions of old games and/or licensed properties, I'm pretty much stoked about all of remaining. Ie, Torchbearer, Hill Folk, Fate Core, Numenara, and 13th Age. For me, in that order as well. I'm pretty on board with that order.

Please post the poll for the 2014 releases in this thread when it is released.
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisshorb View Post

Please post the poll for the 2014 releases in this thread when it is released.
      It won't be until next year, but the poll will need its own thread.
      waderockett -
      Quote Originally Posted by Venthrac View Post
      Oh fantastic. I'll definitely check the booth out then.

Thanks, Wade!
      We've recruited a GM to run at least one listed Hillfolk game in addition to the demos. It was submitted Monday for approval so keep an eye out. When it's live we'll also announce it on Pelgrane's social channels along with 18 more 13th Age sessions.
      MortalPlague -
      Any chance of Hillfolk being at PAX Prime?
      waderockett -
      Quote Originally Posted by MortalPlague View Post
      Any chance of Hillfolk being at PAX Prime?
      If we can find a volunteer GM willing and able to run it in Games on Demand, sure. We're still working out what the 13th Age/Pelgrane presence at PAX will consist of.
      Ahnehnois -
      Quote Originally Posted by Venthrac View Post
      Hillfolk doesn't sound like a role-playing game so much as it sounds like improvising a television show where the GM is the director and the players are the cast.
      That's almost exactly how I explain what a roleplaying game is to someone who doesn't know. Not seeing the distinction here.

Also, Hillfolk sounds nothing like that (though it is interesting).
      Cameronman -
      I really need to buy some more of these..
      Bedrockgames -
      Looking forward to Numenera.
    1. Hishen -
      13th age on first can believe it...well it deserve it and game worth every penny
      USChessQueen -
      Thanks for the video - Cool Stuff!
    Comments Leave Comment