Deities in D&D NEXT; Sean K Reynolds Leaves Paizo; and Top 4 RPG Superstars Announced!
  • Deities in D&D NEXT; Sean K Reynolds Leaves Paizo; and Top 4 RPG Superstars Announced!

Dungeons & Dragons News

• Gods and Pantheons -- Deities serve as the focus for this week’s Wandering Monsters. Come read what James has to say and then answer questions that, among other things, tell us how much involvement the gods have in your campaign. [threadcm]http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?352920-Article-Wandering-Monsters-Wandering-Deities-and-Demigods-)[/threadcm]
    • Keith Baker just put a new Eberron post on his blog, primarily focused on the Tairnadal elves.
    • There's some new information about the upcoming D&D miniatures from WizKids (thanks to darjr for the scoop):

Pathfinder RPG News

• Click for more about the Pathfinder RPGSean K Reynolds has announced that he is leaving Paizo. He'll be missed!

Two weeks ago I turned 43. I've reached the halfway point of my life, and it's a time for self-reflection.

I have been at Paizo for almost six years. That's longer than any company I've ever worked for, even Wizards of the Coast. I've made friends at Paizo and I've learned a lot about different aspects of the publishing business. And it's time for me to move on. This is an amicable end to my time at Paizo. There are no hard feelings here, no burning of bridges. There will never be an ideal time for me to leave the company, but doing this now works out in terms of what Jodi and I need to do. The design team knows I am available to help them on future books, even though we won't be sharing an office any more.

Living in the city is taxing, and now we need some peace and quiet. We have decided to move to Jodi's home state of Indiana. I'll be focusing on my writing and other projects while Jodi is getting ready to go to law school.

We are moving a couple of weeks after my last day at Paizo, which is March 14th, 2014.

Thank you, and thank you to my friends at Paizo and all the hard work we've shared over the past six years!

• The top four finalists in RPG Superstar have been announced! They, and their winning wondrous items and monsters) for RPG Superstar 2014 are listed below. The Top 4 are now be required to create a pitch for an urban adventure set in Paizo's world of Golarion.

Mike Kimmel — Seattle, WA
    Round 3 The Floating Bazaar
    Round 2 Chimney Troll
    Round 1 Earthbind Boots

Mikko Kallio — Helsinki, Finland
    Round 3 The House of the Serpent's Hand
    Round 2 Immured
    Round 1 Deck of Falling Houses
    Robert Brookes — Newmarket, NH
    Round 3 Impact Site
    Round 2 Disir
    Round 1 Spirit Window

Victoria Jaczko — Tucson, AZ
    Round 3 The Wedding Day Chapel
    Round 2 Chwal
    Round 1 Bitter Widow's Veil

Other News

• Scott reports that "the awesome Shadows of Esteren has a new kickstarter for its Monastery of Tuath adventure / loads of goodies. They shot past the $20,000 target in just a few hours so it's stretch goals all the way..." You can find the Kickstarter here. "The new Shadows of Esteren KS is Live! SoE is a medieval role-playing game somewhere between Ravenloft, Game of Thrones and Call of Cthulhu. Winner of three ENnie Awards in 2013. The veterans will be pleased to see the new supplement “The Monastery of Tuath,” featuring a Limited Edition with a nice amount of additional content that will be financed by this campaign. And for those who are new to Shadows of Esteren, we have designed packages that will get you started on your adventure! The $20K initial goal was reached in less than a day!"