D&D NEXT Release Dates!

• Cyberpunk 2020: The Retro Futuristic Legacy Of...

With the news of Mike Pondsmith being named as the Industry Insider Guest of Honor at this summer's Gen Con, I decided to write about one of my favorite and formative role-playing games: Cyberpunk 2020. As someone who enjoys science fiction more than fantasy, this game...

Read More

The War on Imagination

With geek media now mainstream, it's easy to forget that there are still pockets of society where role-play is unacceptable. A recent spat on Star 99.9's Couple's Court demonstrated some of those limits by putting a child's propensity for dressing up on trial: A husband and wife were having an argument on whether or not their nine-year-old daughter should be allowed to wear a superhero costume to...

Read More

Tonight's Retro Gaming Session: GHOSTBUSTERS!

So tonight we're doing a one-shot of a retro game I haven't looked at since the 1980s - the official Ghostbusters RPG from West End Games! I've dug out the box from storage, quickly re-read the rules (to be fair, that only takes about a minute), and am planning a game session for the evening. Probably I'll just run the demo adventure in the back of the book; I think I ran it once before,...

Read More
  • D&D NEXT Release Dates!

Click for more about D&DBarnes & Noble has the initial D&D Next releases on its website. Notably, it looks like the game's name has been settled on as simply "D&D". The Player's Handbook is also looking like a fairly solid Gen Con release date, as expected. [347 comments]

• D&D Starter Set -- July 15, 2014, $19.95
    • D&D Player's Handbook -- August 19, 2014, $49.95