10 More Fan Resources for your D&D 5E Game!

Another roundup of fan-created D&D 5th Edition resources, where I scour the web so you don't have to! This is what I've managed to find in the last week or so. This time I have some hex grids, oriental character builds, a gun mage, a fighter-mage, and a new magical item.

Elf_Elmore.jpg

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Whoops. This was supposed to go in Houserules. It's linked to a new article, so I can't move it now.

Quatermane

First Post
I just want to say... How I wonder how things would have been if the Internet was around when D&D first came out... so many great ideas... and resources... shared.
Some would say that D&D probably would not have had the same success if it were so... but it still sticks with me how awesome it is to have the benefits of technology today to collaborate on a hobby I grew up with.
Thanks to everyone out there who do these great things. Keep rolling with the dice. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Astrosicebear

First Post
[MENTION=6785744]Quatermane[/MENTION] People always contributed and created. D&D at its core is about creation. Back then people shared notebooks, graph paper and well-worn modules instead of links, document files, and PDFs.

aramis erak

Legend
[MENTION=6785744]Quatermane[/MENTION] People always contributed and created. D&D at its core is about creation. Back then people shared notebooks, graph paper and well-worn modules instead of links, document files, and PDFs.

You left out the myriad fanzines, often run off on a spirit duplicator, ditto machine, or the second generation photocopiers. (The first gen weren't plain paper, and the copy quality was utter drekh).

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
You left out the myriad fanzines, often run off on a spirit duplicator, ditto machine, or the second generation photocopiers. (The first gen weren't plain paper, and the copy quality was utter drekh).
I would love to see a collection of Alarums & Excursions hit digital format.

Quatermane

First Post
@Quatermane People always contributed and created. D&D at its core is about creation. Back then people shared notebooks, graph paper and well-worn modules instead of links, document files, and PDFs.

Oh trust me... I was in the mix of all of that in the late 70s and early 80s.
The days I will always cherish the most where when I would attend early GenCon events in Wisconsin where I would see and experience all of the great ideas that other players had and shared.
To enjoy the hobby back then, one had to make connections to other players the old fashioned way... relationship networking. But for a 11-16 year old youth back then, resources to do that were meager. I recall when older players would pick me up to drive me to gaming sessions because I could not drive. Telecommuting for a gaming session was NOT an option.

But that activity pales in comparison to the synergy and broad exchange of ideas that occurs today.
Limitations caused by distance or extent of personal relationships are now gone as long as one has a computer and an Internet connection... and know how to use both of them.
Heck, even this very conversation was a pipe dream back then.

I guess what I am trying to say is that even though I did connect with many other players back in the day, I still wonder just how much I may have missed and how awesome it would have been to be able to access such content and knowledge back then.

Eldecrynn

Explorer
Oooo... thanks for the mention (on the flying snake) :cool:

The aim is to update bi-weekly, just using monsters and other stuff from the Basic Rules. Even with the rather limited selection there, it'll probably take forever.

So far I'm still only on the 1/8 challenge monsters, and the bestiary looks like this:
View attachment 65597

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases