WotC (re)Releases 1983's World of Greyhawk Fantasy Game Setting for AD&D 1st Edition

WotC has just (re)released 1983's World of Greyhawk Fantasy Game Setting for AD&D 1st Edition in PDF format at dndclassics.com. "More than a collection of maps and names, it is an active world filled with decaying empires and dark forests. Game elements include the gods of Greyhawk, the clash of political factions, and encounters in this wild land." Written by Gary Gygax, this setting describes the world of Oerth, in which classic locations like Castle Greyhawk were set.
WotC has just (re)released 1983's World of Greyhawk Fantasy Game Setting for AD&D 1st Edition in PDF format at dndclassics.com. "More than a collection of maps and names, it is an active world filled with decaying empires and dark forests. Game elements include the gods of Greyhawk, the clash of political factions, and encounters in this wild land." Written by Gary Gygax, this setting describes the world of Oerth, in which classic locations like Castle Greyhawk were set.

Incidentally, Oerth is pronounced "Oi-th". Gygax said: "Say it as Oi-th as if you were from Brooklyn, and that's the way I pronounce it. That annoys all who take a fantasy world far too seriously."

Click on the image below to get it (thanks to MerricB for the scoop, who has reviewed it here).

greyhawk.jpg

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Incidentally, Oerth is pronounced "Oi-th". Gygax said: "Say it as Oi-th as if you were from Brooklyn, and that's the way I pronounce it. That annoys all who take a fantasy world far too seriously."

:) Good ol' Gary. I hope he's rolling some dice with Tramp and God.

pming

Legend
Awesome!

Yes, I have two or three physical copies/boxes of this, but I want to show WotC that Greyhawk is still a popular setting....maybe it will help them get their butts in gear and put Greyhawk (based on this or the Folio) into a 5e book. If not...it's always nice to have it in a good quality PDF. :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The pdf really made me realise how much white space there is around the borders of the books; quite odd for this era of D&D!

Remove ads

Remove ads