EN5IDER and TRAILseeker Are Coming Soon!
  • EN5IDER and TRAILseeker Are Coming Soon!


    You may recall the recent call for editors, artists, graphic designers, and writers for the two upcoming publications, EN5IDER and TRAILseeker. I've got a little sneak preview of each today. Lots of work is still going on behind the scenes, as there will be a selection of free sample articles (including a full adventure for each!) available at launch so that you can see what to expect before pledging and becoming a patron, but we're not far off now!

    You can click on the image below for more information! A list of upcoming articles was posted a couple of weeks ago here.



    Comments 26 Comments
    1. Nergal Pendragon's Avatar
      Nergal Pendragon -
      Looking forward to them!
    1. mamol's Avatar
      mamol -
      I'm a little confused about how I will be able to get EN5IDER. Can I just "buy" single articles or a whole issue?
    1. reticle2020's Avatar
      reticle2020 -
      @mamol Click on the image and it will take you to a page telling you all about how to obtain these items
    1. ewpierce's Avatar
      ewpierce -
      Very exciting, can't wait for launch.

      I wrote the 2nd article shown, looks awesome formatted and with art!!
    1. benensky's Avatar
      benensky -
      I looks good. Please conform your EN5IDER patron page so I can donate.
    1. Blackbrrd's Avatar
      Blackbrrd -
      Have I understood correctly that you subscribe to the articles at a pre-determined price per article, but you can set an upper limit per month (so, let's say 1$ per article, max 5$ a month?). Is there a way to say which articles I actually liked? There is mentioned adventures as well, is there a way to just subscribe to those? I would probably be prepared to pay more for adventures than articles, but I see no way this can be handled with the current setup?

      Is there any connection to the EN World subscription? For instance, are you looking at this as an alternative way of supporting Enworld?
    1. Morrus's Avatar
      Morrus -
      You choose how much you want to pay per article. You get all the articles (including adventures) however much you choose. It's all or nothing, but you decide what "all" is worth to you.

      If you just want the adventures, pledge whatever you think the adventures are worth to you and ignore the other articles.

      You can offer feedback on every article, and that will help determine what gets commissioned.

      I hope to eventually phase out EN World subscriptions in favour of this, but that will take time.
    1. TrippyHippy's Avatar
      TrippyHippy -
      Do we buy a subscription?
    1. weldon's Avatar
      weldon -
      I wish you lots of success. There is room to experiment with content and freemium/premium plans. I hope you get the chance to find what works for your audience.
    1. ParagonofVirtue's Avatar
      ParagonofVirtue -
      I had some trouble understanding this system too, but after re-reading the page a couple of times I am closing in on understanding the concept. :-)

      What happens if I set my monthly cap to say two articles, but five get made. Do I get to choose which ones I want? Or do I get them all but only pay for two so-to-speak?
    1. Morrus's Avatar
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by ParagonofVirtue View Post
      What happens if I set my monthly cap to say two articles, but five get made. Do I get to choose which ones I want? Or do I get them all but only pay for two so-to-speak?
      You get five. You get all the articles however much you choose to pay.
    1. Morrus's Avatar
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by TrippyHippy View Post
      Do we buy a subscription?
      You set your donation per article at whatever amount you wish. That gets paid automatically up to your monthly cap (which you also set).

      So if you decide the articles are worth $5,000 each to you (hey, I can dream!), you set it at $5,000. But you don't want to pay more than $15,000 per month, so you set your cap at $15,000. Every time an article is published, you pay $5,000. If one article is published, you pay $5,000. If two are published, you pay $10,000. But if five are published, you still only pay $15,000, because that's your monthly cap. You still get all five articles, however.
    1. ParagonofVirtue's Avatar
      ParagonofVirtue -
      Fine example and explanation. Thanks, Morrus!
    1. rets82's Avatar
      rets82 -
      now when you say "soon" do you mean like this year or this week? Because I need you to take my money...
    1. Morrus's Avatar
      Morrus -
      Within a month! Just getting an advance stockpile in place!
    1. Rune's Avatar
      Rune -
      Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
      I hope to eventually phase out EN World subscriptions in favour of this, but that will take time.
      How would that affect us lifers?
    1. HEEGZ's Avatar
      HEEGZ -
      Tried to subscribe, couldn't. Will try again in a week I guess.
    1. Morrus's Avatar
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
      How would that affect us lifers?
      It'll switch over.
    1. Morrus's Avatar
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by HEEGZ View Post
      Tried to subscribe, couldn't. Will try again in a week I guess.
      Hasn't launched yet!
    1. Nergal Pendragon's Avatar
      Nergal Pendragon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
      Hasn't launched yet!
      HEEGZ's time machine malfunctioned and dropped HEEGZ off at the wrong date?
    Comments Leave Comment