D&D Adventurers League Open Call for Designers

Have some great ideas for adventures? "Want to hear all the great stories your friends will tell about the time they played that amazing adventure you designed for the D&D Adventurers League? Then take the first step towards being a D&D Adventurer’s League adventure designer! Check out the instructions in the Open Call for Adventure Designers and send your submission to Resource Manager, Bill Benham at submissions@dndadventurersleague.org. We will be accepting submissions for this open call until February 28th."

Have some great ideas for adventures? "Want to hear all the great stories your friends will tell about the time they played that amazing adventure you designed for the D&D Adventurers League? Then take the first step towards being a D&D Adventurer’s League adventure designer! Check out the instructions in the Open Call for Adventure Designers and send your submission to Resource Manager, Bill Benham at submissions@dndadventurersleague.org. We will be accepting submissions for this open call until February 28th."

Only 8 days left, but still plenty of time to get your entries in! You do not have to have publishing credits, but it helps! More details here. It doesn't say how much it pays, but be sure to read What's A Freelancer RPG Writer Worth? before you apply!

Open-Call-for-Adventure-Designers.jpg

bmfrosty

Explorer
I like this very much. Hopefully they're working up a way to do something like dungeon mag again. Something very community inclusive. Something that will scratch the "light release schedule" itch.

graves3141

First Post
Won't this potentially draw away talent that might otherwise end up in a future OGL product? (Assuming there ever is an OGL) I like the idea of the Adventurers League but I don't play D&D at a FLGS, partially because there are no D&D games being played at the one where I live. There is Pathfinder and MTG stuff but no D&D.

I'd be more on board with this if the Adventurer League adventures were eventually released to the public for free (or a small fee) after they were initially played/released. As it is, I'll never see them so its hard to get excited about an "Open Call for Designers."

LandOfConfusion

First Post
Yeah I have no desire to play with random people at my gaming store. However, access to extra adventures would be great. Didn't the D&D website have free adventures for download during 3E? They need something like that. I'd pay a monthly fee for online content.

bmfrosty

Explorer
I don't think the OGL is coming back for 5e. I think a 5e compatible logo is the best that's going to happen. If WotC continues to believe that the Wall of Books is a problem, and I think it is, I think they're going to do as little as possible to encourage it.

I also wouldn't be surprised if WotC or Hasbro execs see the OGL as the reason for the shift from D&D to Pathfinder and have made the decision to not have it come back.

graves3141

First Post
Yeah I have no desire to play with random people at my gaming store. However, access to extra adventures would be great. Didn't the D&D website have free adventures for download during 3E? They need something like that. I'd pay a monthly fee for online content.

There used to be a bunch of 3E adventures on the WotC site that you could download for free. They should have had a few ready to go for the 5E launch to help people get into the game and keep playing the game. I guess their stuck on this Adventurer League thing though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icon_Charlie

First Post
Rather support EnWorld than WotC

I don't think the OGL is coming back for 5e. I think a 5e compatible logo is the best that's going to happen. If WotC continues to believe that the Wall of Books is a problem, and I think it is, I think they're going to do as little as possible to encourage it.

I also wouldn't be surprised if WotC or Hasbro execs see the OGL as the reason for the shift from D&D to Pathfinder and have made the decision to not have it come back.

Agree with this post considering all of their actions of late I am pessimistic with said company.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads