[UPDATED] What's Paizo's "Big News"?

Paizo developer Mark Moreland says that "we have big news! You won't believe it when we announce it." He says it in a thread on Paizo's messageboards about Pathfinder Tales novels and their recent publishing deal with Tor, but that's already been announced. Whether the big news is novels-related or RPG-related (or something else entirely) is unknown. What sort of news would be big enough that he'd say we won't believe it when it's announced?

UPDATE - Mark has clarified (in the comments below):

So, the "big news" was, in fact, the Tor deal.

Sometimes, even years into working at Paizo, something we announce triggers my fanboy circuits and I get overly excited. I'm a huge fan of Pathfinder fiction, and as someone with next to no hand in the content that comes out of it, I can still scratch that fan itch by reading the fiction and not already knowing what's coming next. In that excitement, I made what I thought was a funny joke; the sort of post I might have made as a snarky member of the Paizo fan community rather than a representative of the company.

The post was meant to be something of the "but wait, there's more" exclamation in an infomercial after the deal is already too good to pass up. Turns out, people were already excited about the news and I overshadowed it with nonexistent news.

So be excited about the Tor announcement!

That's the news!

It's as big as it gets!

These are not the droids you're looking for!

I'm going to go back to developing this Campaign Setting book and leave the fiction announcements and excitement management to more qualified individuals. Sorry for the confusion!

Last edited by a moderator:

delericho

Legend
The biggest news would be Pathfinder 2.0, but I suspect a great many of us would believe it when we saw it.

A TV series, perhaps? Or at least, some sort of licensing deal moving them into a new medium.

neobolts

Explorer
1) Golarion is the official setting for 5th edition D&D.
2) Paizo is laying off their most talented designers who are quickly getting picked up by WotC.
3) Paizo is making a straight-up carrion crawler and a yuan-ti. "Lawyers be damned!"

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases