Book of Lost Spells On Sale Now

It's out? Cool! And now I'm *really* nervous! :) Cheers!

JTorres

First Post
The third in Necromancer Games D&D 5e Kickstarter trilogy (5th Edition Foes and Quests of Doom are already available), Book of Lost Spells has popped up on the Frog God Games website. "Ask any wizard. There’s no such thing as too many spells. This massive compendium of magical mayhem ought to satisfy even the most discerning necromancers and thaumaturgists, and they aren’t easy to please (especially the necromancers). Weighing in with a total of 708 spells, the Book of Lost Spells is a vital resources for anyone wanting to add a bit more mystery to the magic of Fifth Edition!" The PDF is available right now, and the hardcover can be pre-ordeed for shipping in April.

Find it right here! Rate it here!

Says thread starter JTorres: "I'm going through it (PDF copy) at the moment but one thing I can say for sure is that I appreciate the appendix that lists the Wizard spells by school. Also, the spell block smartly list which classes can cast that spell and it also has a dedicated line for the saving throw too. More impressions later on."

Attachments

• 5476e5ba9c6a2_full.jpg
    5476e5ba9c6a2_full.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 5,103

JTorres

First Post
It's out? Cool!

And now I'm *really* nervous! :)

Cheers!

So then you're the fellow that wrote the foreword? That's fantastic, congratulations! I've only barely skimmed the book but there are some interesting bits I think will wind up in my campaign. As I mentioned in my initial post, I'm glad to see the little touches such as spells by school list and the saving throw line. I have one player in my group that will, for a certainty, be howling like a wolf when he casts "Wolf's Howl" and then justify it by claiming to be role-playing his character.

GlobeOfDankness

Banned
Banned
i feel like the book is 'out' when you can go buy it in a gaming store. i appreciate the PDF preview, but i remember them promising this back in November when we gave them money to make them. now, it's going to be 6 months later and the books still don't physically exist.

Charles Wright

First Post
You actually also have an author credit, Merric, but that's from waaaaay back. :) The more I learned about what you had done, the more I thought that I should have made your name stand out.

Mea Culpa.

Charles Wright

First Post
Yes, the books are late. All we can do is apologize and try to get them to you as quickly as possible.

The books will be physically available and sent out to backers in April. That will be 5 months late, and again, we apologize.

We aren't brushing this off, either. We've been restructuring our internal processes to make sure that we are doing everything we can to prevent late production like this again.

Charles A. Wright
Frog God Games

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
You actually also have an author credit, Merric, but that's from waaaaay back. :) The more I learned about what you had done, the more I thought that I should have made your name stand out.

Mea Culpa.

No problem, Charles. Just the opportunity to do this was fantastic - despite the number of times I though I was mad for saying I would. :)

Cheers!

Nebulous

Legend
Yeah, I'm browsing through it. The spellblocks are a big improvement, I like them. I can tell that most of the book I'll never use. Which is fine, I'll be able to pick some things with players to sprinkle in for flavor. In that regard I'm really, really glad to have the pdf, I just don't need the hardback, it would just sit on the shelf and not really get used much.

Remove ads

Remove ads