[UPDATE] 3D-Printing The Monster Manual

This is rather impressive. Miguel Zavala has been 3D printing the monster from the D&d 5th Edition Monster Manual. As he says, "I love printing miniatures for my D&D game. I used to be a art major way back who modeled regularly. Now its just a fun hobby." He has dozens of them, including driders, Tiamat, flumphs, owlbears, even The Dread Gazebo! UPDATE: WotC has apparently sent a C&D to Miguel, who has removed the designs and left a note saying "Oh well. It was a fun ride :)"

For the full gallery, click here. You can download the designs yourself.

Drider_preview_featured.jpg

Drider

Cloaker_preview_featured.jpg

Cloaker

Erinyes_preview_featured.jpg

Erinyes

Dracolich_preview_featured.jpg

Dracolich

Displacer_Beast_preview_featured.jpg

Displacer Beast

View attachment 67917
Dread Gazebo

Last edited by a moderator:

talien

Community Supporter
This is the beginning of the end for the collectible miniature market. I think the first warning shot has been fired.

Nebulous

Legend
Yes, this will really hurt the collectible miniatures market and it won't take long. And good riddance for that overcharged stuff, as much as I love it, it's way way too inflated. Someone can make an "eyeball monster" and "squid man" and "Tarr-hask" and it's not stomping on any copyrights. A whole business of artists and sculptors could be created around this for online shipping.

Of course I don't have any clue what the time investment or backend cost is involved with making these. Anyone know?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases