D&D Starter Set at Walmart

Well that is surreal. Did they have anything like that in the book department?

darjr

I crit!
I'm not sure if this constitutes news, not being particularly familiar with where Dungeons & Dragons is sold in the US. I asked Twitter and responses were mixed, so I figured I'd report it anyway and folks could ignore it if it wasn't news. The D&D Starter Set has been spotted by EN World member darjr in Nebraska at a Walmart. Some folks say they've never seen D&D at Walmart, and others are saying they've seen it there before. I've never seen a Walmart, so I'm in no place to comment!

[Above text by Morrus; darjr's post promtoed to news article]

delericho

Legend
I find that highly amusing, given the recent lamentations about this very thing in the other thread. :)

And it's good news in its own right, of course.

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
I'm suspicious of this. I worked at Walmart for two years and I don't ever remember seeing the toy aisles that orderly.

tgmoore

Explorer
I saw a starter box at Target yesterday in Lexington, Kentucky. I'm not going to lie I made sure it was prominently displayed. I have never seen it at Walmart. By the looks of this photo Walmart is keeping D&D starter sets at the front of the store by the checkout lanes, rather then the games isle in the Toy Department. Looks like it is along with the collectible card games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads