Goodman Games Kickstarts Two New 5E Adventures

Goodman Games is Kickstarting "New adventures for the 5th edition of the world’s first fantasy RPG". The Kickstarter is for two adventures The Pillars of Pelagia (by Chris Doyle) and War-lock (by Michael Curtis) under its Fifth Edition Fantasy banner, of which two adventures have already been released.

Goodman Games is Kickstarting "New adventures for the 5th edition of the world’s first fantasy RPG". The Kickstarter is for two adventures The Pillars of Pelagia (by Chris Doyle) and War-lock (by Michael Curtis) under its Fifth Edition Fantasy banner, of which two adventures have already been released.

photo-original.jpg

As a side-note, although Goodman Games isn't quite, as it says, "the only third party publisher to continuously support Dungeons & Dragons in every edition since 3E" , it's certainly one of the only ones. I have Goodman adventures from 3.x, 4E, and 5E.

You're looking at $20 for two softcover adventures (plus shipping), which seems a good deal to me.

Find the Kickstarter right here (or click on one of the pretty pictures).

Each adventure is between 16-42 pages, and is a standalone story designed to fit into any existing campaign or setting. Goodman Games has a repuation these days for old-school roleplaying (especially with its Dungeon Crawl Classics line), and these products often have an old-school aesthetic which can be very appealing.

Stretch goals for this particular campaign include expansions for both adventures, and a third adventure called The Dragon's Maw for Free RPG Day.

map.jpg

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I find this odd. They released the first two adventures without a kickstarter, then announced these two months and months ago, but there'd been no movement since then. I wonder if they didn't get enough orders from distributors and thus needed the kickstarter to build interest?

Cheers!

JeffB

Legend
Yeah. I also was wondering why they decided to KS this after announcing them quite some time ago. Of course they have had a string of extremely successful and well done KS projects, so maybe its just a way to ensure they don't have any mediocre sales numbers and lose any money on these..

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Interesting. This week we received solicitations for May release from one of our distributors. And according to Impressions, the fulfillment house for Goodman Games, these two modules are scheduled for release May 15th.

Talmek

Explorer
I look forward to this - a $40 investment in a new publisher (for my group and I) seems relatively small, especially if it's as high-quality as I have heard from others regarding Goodman Games.

barasawa

Explorer
I haven't heard anything bad about these guys, and they've fulfilled something like a half dozen or so kickstarters now, so it's pretty unlikely they'd do a cut and run, like we've heard about some kickstarters doing this last year or so.
Also, I've gotten a couple of their products over the years and like them. Besides, it'll be kind of hard to unintentionally do worse than wotc did with the massive screwups in those tiamat adventures.
In my opinion, this one is good to go! Or will be when I can get the funding for it.:cool:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How are they doing this? Did Wizards put out a license? Are they dealing with wizards behind closed doors with deals?

By not infringing on any of WotC's IP rights. "The world's first fantasy RPG" isn't a term owned by anyone.

Remove ads

Remove ads