Pathfinder Reviewer ENDZEITGEIST Goes Professional!

If you're a fan of third-party Pathfinder products, you've probably heard of Endzeitgeist. Over the last few years, he's become the most prolific Pathfinder reviewer around, and has an astonishing output of reviews. Endzeitgeist has just launched a Patreon to support his reviewing and to help him go professional with his reviews. The response so far has been overwhelming - he's at over $500 per month now - but, as he says, he devotes at least 4 hours per day to reviewing.

If you're a fan of third-party Pathfinder products, you've probably heard of Endzeitgeist. Over the last few years, he's become the most prolific Pathfinder reviewer around, and has an astonishing output of reviews. Endzeitgeist has just launched a Patreon to support his reviewing and to help him go professional with his reviews. The response so far has been overwhelming - he's at over $500 per month now - but, as he says, he devotes at least 4 hours per day to reviewing.

"My reviews are regarded as fair, hard, impartial, critical and my policy of updating reviews to address changes made has allowed me to earn the trust of publishers and fans alike. My goal is to provide means for authors and publishers to improve their offerings - my focus has always been unbiased, constructive criticism."

The Patreon can be found here. Endzeitgiets's website and reviews can all be found here. During April, Endzeitgiest reviewed a staggering 38 products(!) and gave an average rating of 4.4. His output really is evidence of hard work and dedication. 22 products got his 5 stars plus seal-of-aproval rating. You can read his reviews at his website, or support his Patreon here.

ProductPublisherRating
Underworld Races: Colliatur
Adventure A Week Games5
Warrior Prestige Archetypes: The Living MonolithPurple Duck Games4
Mythic Monsters: Emissaries of EvilLegendary Games
Gossamer Worlds: GlimmerGloam (Diceless)Rite Publishing5
Cyclopean Deeps Vol. IFrog God Games5
Demon Cults: The Emerald OrderKobold Press4
B04 – The Cave Beast’s Hoard (Revised Edition)Adventure A Week Games5
Path of VillainsLegendary Games5
Underworld Classes – GemcasterAdventure A Week Games2.5
Perplexing Puzzles #2: Puzzle ChestsInterjection Games5
Mythic Options: Core Mythic Class FeaturesRogue Genius Games3
Mythic Minis: Mythic Gloves & BracersLegendary Games4
Dance MacabreFour Dollar Dungeons5
Underworld Races: DødeligAdventure A Week Games5
Mythic Monsters: Mythos, TooLegendary Games5
BloodforgeDreamscarred Press4
Mini-Dungeon: Shrine of the Earth-BaronsAdventure A Week Games5
Mini-Dungeon: Hobgoblin LairAdventure A Week Games3
Advanced Races: LizardfolkKobold Press5
Urban Dressing: War-torn TownRaging Swan Press5
Mythic Minis: Mythic RingsLegendary Games5
World of Obsidian Apocalypse: Life after UndeathLPJ Design2.5
Gossamer Worlds: Megacities of Neo_Neo (Diceless)Rite Publishing5
Mythic Mini: Mythic CursesLegendary Games5
Underworld Races: ZwercAdventure A Week Games2
Warrior Prestige Archetypes: The Lantern BearerPurple Duck Games4
Gossamer Worlds: The Black (Diceless)Rite Publishing4
Warrior Prestige Archetypes: Grand MarshalPurple Duck Games2
B22 – Serpents of Fickle FortuneAdventure A Week Games5
Mythic Minis: Mythic ArmorLegendary Games4
B21 – Shadows of the DeepAdventure A Week Games4
From the Forge: 13 Evil SpellsRogue Genius Games4
Mini-Dungeons: Buried Council ChambersAdventure A Week Games5
Mythic Minis: Mythic RodsLegendary Games5
Faerie Tales from Unlit Shores – Creeping Beauties of the Wood (DCC)Purple Duck Games5
Gossamer Worlds: Aethersaur Island (Diceless)Rite Publishing5
From the Deep III – A Dragon’s OrdersDreamscarred Press4
Mythic Monsters: Guardians of GoodLegendary Games5
Average Rating

This feels a little weird to me. Several publishers donating to a guy who will do reviews of their products....hmmmm. Am I just being paranoid here?

EDIT: not trying to disparage Endzeitgesit. It just feels like the wrong methodology for what he's going for. It could just be me, though.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
All he's offering to publishers is the allowance to bump their products to the top of his review list - it in no way guarantees a positive review - I see no paranoia. While most of my products get glowing reviews from Endzeitgeist, I've got a 3 star or 2 from him, so he doesn't only give raving reviews even with publishers that have received glowing EZG reviews in the past.

Endzeitgeist was a KS backer and a backer for a Rite Publishing in-house in support of my Kaidan setting, which he fully admits at the start of any product review of said products.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waller

Legend
This feels a little weird to me. Several publishers donating to a guy who will do reviews of their products....hmmmm. Am I just being paranoid here?

EDIT: not trying to disparage Endzeitgesit. It just feels like the wrong methodology for what he's going for. It could just be me, though.

Yeah, the optics are a bit weird. Fans donating is great. Many of the people paying him are publishers. He says he'll put a clear disclaimer if a publisher is paying him for the review or if he reviews one of the publishers or products he worked for/on.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If anyone were in any doubt as to how hard this guy works, I just made a spreadsheet of April's reviews alone. He's reviewed 38 products in the last 28 days. Endzeitgeist's output is immense - I don't disbelieve him when he says he puts in hours every day.

I'll post the full list in the above news item. That might be a fun thing to do at the end of each month.

Last edited by a moderator:

myscha_sleddog

First Post
His reviews are thorough and honest. I seriously doubt he's planning on back channeling in diabolical ways. I can't speak for the guy, but think he's trying to see if he can earn a living doing what he loves. I think that's great. PnP games need more of this.

There really isn't an IGN or PC Gamer for tabletop game journalism.Any steps to get closer to that is good for all. Plus as a former Coburg resident, anyone near Bamberg and Nuremberg that loves RPGs is cool in my book :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
His reviews are thorough and honest. I seriously doubt he's planning on back channeling in diabolical ways. I can't speak for the guy, but think he's trying to see if he can earn a living doing what he loves.

I agree. I did mention this to him on his Facebook discussion, and suggested that the best way for a publisher to support his efforts is to spread the word of the Patreon campaign rather than paying him directly. That's what I've decided to do - news posts like this which help draw a little bit of attention to his Patreon.

There really isn't an IGN or PC Gamer for tabletop game journalism. Any steps to get closer to that is good for all.

I know I'm not very good at it (in fact, I'm downright poor at it), but I do my best! :D

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads