Why Is Chris Perkins Tweeting Page Snippets Of Mongrelfolk?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Chris Perkins tweeted what looks like part of a page from an official 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons book referring to what looks like a Mongrelfolk race or monster. There was no other context, and it was a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to Wolf Hunter for pointing it out to me!

CCV19hIUEAA4kB4.jpg

Attachments

• CCV19hIUEAA4kB4.jpg
    CCV19hIUEAA4kB4.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,518
  • CCV19hIUEAA4kB4.jpg
    CCV19hIUEAA4kB4.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 13,943

More generic teasing from Perkins... Like the Greyhawk boxed set or the visit or the half-dozen other vague tweets he's made that we haven't seen follow-up on.

Seems like too much flavour text for a monster entry for the next storyline volume, but they could be beefing it up. Or it could be for a future article. Or it could be a monster that didn't make the cut of the Monster Manual but was written.
*shrug*

I sure hope it's teasing us about a Monster Manual 2. Give me one of those with all the classic planar monsters I need to represent my traditional multiverse (celestial exemplars, gem dragons, etc) and a Psionics Handbook and that's all the crunch I really need. There are still other products I would appreciate though--I just want them to give us the essentials to fill out the multiverse and then avoid bloat.

fjw70

Adventurer
Hmm, looks like a picture of a printed manuscript/book and not a copy and paste from an electronic document. If it is from a future product it looks like they could be far enough along to have a proof copy. A summer release perhaps.

Zarithar

Adventurer
1. Mongrelmen (folk) have been around since 1e Dwellers of the Forbidden City

2. It looks like a 5e PC race write up to me

3. I predict we will see a Ravenloft storyline/AP drop after Elemental Evil wraps up... in time for Halloween.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases