First Full TITANSGRAVE Image!

Geek & Sundry has revealed the full artwork piece from Wil Wheaton's Titansgrave RPG show that I've been showing you parts of recently. The full image clearly shows the blend of sci-fi and fantasy. "Valkana is a broken and wounded world, a post-apocalyptic land of science fantasy that is so much fun to create and explore. I’m having a fantastic time imagining it, and I’m really excited for you all to come and visit, later this summer." The show premiers Tuesday, June 9th and will be shareable at places like here on EN World later that week.

TITANSGRAVE_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

turkeygiant

First Post
I get why they chose to make a mash up setting, they might only get one chance at this show so they want to cover as many bases as possible. But doing a fantasy/sci-fi setting right takes a lot of subtlety (see Shadowrun or Numenera), and this picture looks like the exact opposite of subtle. I'm reserving judgement until the first episode, but the tone of this series is going to be what makes or breaks it for me no matter who is is sitting at the table.

Henry

Autoexreginated
On one video describing it, Wheaton said one word -- Thundarr. I was hooked from there. If it's even one half that much Kirbyesque gonzo, I'm gonna have fun.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
But doing a fantasy/sci-fi setting right takes a lot of subtlety (see Shadowrun or Numenera), and this picture looks like the exact opposite of subtle.

On one video describing it, Wheaton said one word -- Thundarr. I was hooked from there. If it's even one half that much Kirbyesque gonzo, I'm gonna have fun.
They definitely aren't going for the subtle nuances of Shadowrun or Numenera. It's definitely more along the lines of Thundarr and Heavy Metal, the magazine & movie.

This looks to be a "smash first, interrogate later" kind of world. And, as Henry noted, that has a certain appeal for many of us.

Edit: since the mages need to be strong and hearty types, does that mean the fighters will be scrawny fledglings? Never mind, I just answered my own question: the fighters will be even stronger and more muscly.

It's loin-cloths and cybernetic implants for everyone! :p

Paraxis

Explorer
There is a strong Shadowrun influence in this art, those devil rats are right out of the sprawl, the neon signs and gun turret also add to the effect.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases