Don't Wake Dretchlor: An adventure for characters of 5th-7th level

New for EN5ider patrons only! A forgotten mansion. A sadistic demon. A deadly game of cat-and-mouse. Can the heroes outwit the demon and escape the mansion, or will they fall prey to Dretchlor's evil machinations? An adventure for characters of 5th-7th level by Kiel Chienier.

dretch.jpg

EN World EN5ider brings you weekly articles and adventures. Become a patron today and get all of the following articles for as little as $1.

1. Cherished Trinkets. A rules-light article which discusses the use of trinkets as treasure in your game. By Ryan Chaddock.
  2. Five Campaign Lessons from the Hobbit Films. This system neutral article discusses game mastering and what lessons you can learn from Peter Jackson's Hobbit movies. By Eric Pierce.
  3. Archery Contests. Running and conducting large archery tournaments can be fun and easy! By Russ Morrissey, based on an original article by Ryan Nock.
  4. Battlefield Events. Introducing random events to spice up combat encounters, from weather changes to pit traps. Does an innocent wander onto the battlefield, or do you stray into an ancient wild magic surge? by Russ Morrissey.
  5. The Business of Emotion. This is an adventure for 3-5 characters of levels 2-3. The village of Lanidor is suffering from an enchanted "summer of love". Can the PCs figure out what's going on? By Paul Okesh.
  6. Player Pets: Rearing Wild Animals and Training Domesticated Animals. Rules for adopting, purchasing, and training pets, from dogs to wolves to giant fire beatles and constrictor snakes. How to gain their loyalty and teach them tricks or tasks, while ensuring that the Ranger's animal companion or spellcaster's familiar remains the more potent option. By Jensen Toperzer.
  7. Nature's Remedy. Nature's Remedy is a brand new article for EN World EN5ider patrons! An introduction to the craft of herbalism, a handful of example herbs including darkberries, firedrake petals, silver garlic, and more, plus rules for their preparation, and a the new Master Herbalist feat. By Russ Morrissey.
  8. Give Chase. Adding to the chase rules found in the core rulebooks, this article presents an abstract way of mapping a chase, along with three new complication tables for underground, castle grounds, and mountain chases. By James Introcaso.
  9. Circles of Power: Three New Druid Circles. There are many types of druid in fiction and film with widely differing specializations. This article explores three new Druid Circles to help bring variety to your game table. Explore the Circle of Birds and Beasts, the Circle of the Elements, and the Circle of Life. By Mark Kernow, and illustrated by Deanna Roberds.
  10. Creating Enjoyable Puzzles for Role Playing Games. Carl Heyl shows you how to create enjoyable puzzles for your game. It's all too easy to stop a game in its tracks, or throw off any sense of immersion. The advice in this article gives tips on creating organic, fun puzzles which don't interrupt your game. Illustrated by Sade.
  11. Winterheart. Winterheart is an adventure for 4th level characters. Can the PCs rescue a young prisoner with latent icy magic before her despair plunges the region into a deep winter? By Esper, illustrated by Jen Tracy, cartography by Esper.
  12. Fantastic Tomes & Librams. Fantastic Tomes & Librams presents you with 1d100 mundane but exotic books and tomes to furnish a wizard's study, a library, or a treasure hoard. Each entry contains the book’s name, its author, a short description, and an optional notation indicating its rarity, relative value, and number of pages. By Russ Morrissey.
  13. Fire of the Mind. Tired of villains simply described as "mad" or "insane"? This article introduces four new illnesses - Multiple Personality Disorder, Aphasia, Schizophrenia, Paranoid Schizophrenia. Each includes rules for the player, and advice for the GM. By James Abendroth; illustrated by Sade.
  14. Strands of Life. Giltônio Santos brings you 11 new healing spells for the cleric, bard, druid, paladin, or ranger in your life, and takes a brief look at direct healing, damage mitigation, and gradual healing. A vital article for anyone playing a healer! By Giltônio Santos; illustrated by Jen Tracy.
  15. Party of One. It's not always possible to form a full five-person-plus gaming group, but that doesn't have to stop you enjoying your favorite tabletop RPG! Party of One takes a look at the one-on-one campaign, featuring one player and one GM, and discusses ways to make it a fun and rewarding experience for both. By Matt Click; illustrated by Ellis Goodson.
  16. King & Country. Previous vocations aren't the only types of character backgrounds. This article discusses the creation of character backgrounds based on nationality, along with two fully developed backgrounds: Crusader Nation and Arcane Dominion. By Mark A. Hart; illustrated by Scott Harshbarger.
  17. Don't Wake Dretchlor. A forgotten mansion. A sadistic demon. A deadly game of cat-and-mouse. Can the heroes outwit the demon and escape the mansion, or will they fall prey to Dretchlor's evil machinations? An adventure for characters of 5th-7th level by Kiel Chienier; illustrated by Rick Hershey and Sexualtyranosarus.

JeffB

Legend
oooo. this looks awesome upon a brief skim through. I am a sucker for Haunted Mansion adventures.

That Bite critical looks maybe a bit .?.....rough? Im all for old school, but my players tend to have bad luck on rolls like this..especially when the chips are down.

jamesjhaeck

Explorer
It's really brutal. Dretchlor isn't supposed to be a creature you fight mano a mano. The mansion is littered with deactivated traps to ensnare him while the PCs run away and devise a plan. The Relics that you can find and destroy will weaken him, too.

raphaelus

Explorer
get all of the following articles for as little as $1.
...as little as 1$ each, right? More than one of your Patreon explanations around make it unnecessarily confusing.

-
Good level for the module, it can be fitted after the Phandelver intro.

Last edited by a moderator:

JeffB

Legend
as little as 1$ each, right? More than one of your Patreon explanations around make it unnecessarily confusing.

-
Good level for the module, it can be fitted after the Phandelver intro.

The way I understand it, you can give 1 buck an article, and then cap your monthly max at 1 buck, and you get all the articles. I put a payment of $3 per article, and a monthly cap @$3. I wanted to see the article quality before I upped my monthly max.

So far, impressed.

And yes, confusing.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Yep, keeping in mind that the more you pay, the longer it sticks around, and the better the articles get. So far, It's been getting better and better month by month, with plenty of little add-ons and short adventures I can use. Plus, if all goes well, I'll be starting a regular 5e game shortly instead of one-offs, and be able to put even more to use.

werecorpse

Adventurer
I paid for the rebuild kickstarter at the level (£100) to get a free PDF of everything produced at Enworld. Does that include this ? I've never activated it can someone PM me to explain what I need to do.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"Don't Wake Dretchlor" _has_ to be a reference to this 90's kid's game:[video=youtube;kndIxjQsw-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kndIxjQsw-Q[/video]

jamesjhaeck

Explorer
"Don't Wake Dretchlor" _has_ to be a reference to this 90's kid's game:[video=youtube;kndIxjQsw-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kndIxjQsw-Q[/video]

From what I know of him, author Kiel Chenier always writes with tongue firmly in cheek. The reference was 100% intentional.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases