Video Preview: TORMENT: TIDES OF NUMENERA

inXile Entertainment has posted a video trailer for the Torment: Tides of Numenera video game, the game that's half the spirtual successor of Planescape: Torment, and half a new game based on Monte Cook Games' popular tabletop RPG. "Thanks to its more than 90,000 backers, Torment: Tides of Numenera continues the thematic legacy of the critically acclaimed Planescape: Torment. Set in Monte Cook's tabletop role-playing world, Numenera, the newest Torment asks: What does one life matter? With this #1 most funded Kickstarter video game, inXile is creating a rich RPG experience that explores deep, personal themes."

[video=youtube;ybqE8FlLrqg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybqE8FlLrqg[/video]

MarkB

Legend
It looks potentially enjoyable, but in terms of graphics and technology it's more like a spritual sibling to Planescape Torment than a successor. Would it kill them to make it a little less dated?

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
i might try it out but i find myself not as engaged as i used to be with video games. 10 years ago I would have been up until 3 am playing games like these but now like with Pillars of Eternity, i enjoy it, played it for a couple of hours off and on almost daily but after hitting chapter 2, I haven't played it in over a month. Same with Neverwinter and even DC Online. Not game burn out but just not the same gamer I used to be I guess. I'll probably pick this up like I did Pillars and the upcoming Sword Coast Legends but not sure if I'll ever finish them like i did Baldur's Gate.

mouselim

First Post
I think the graphics look great...the feel is exactly what it is like that many years ago...ah...the feeling of nostalgia. However, I agree with EthanSental...age has caught up with me and I no longer have the stamina nor the drive to play several hours in a go nor continuously for several days or weeks...yet, I'll still purchase it...Sword Coast Legends? Hmm...sounds good...

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases