Crediting Contributors

EN5ider has a new layout designer, and a new art director. The layout designer, Eric Life-Putnam, you may recognise from his critically acclaimed work creating the ZEITGEIST layout. We've been talking about how to present credits for EN5ider articles. Along with paying fair amounts, and allowing creators to keep their copyright, and not using work-for-hire contracts, this is our proposal for a new credits block. Before, the author was credited on the first page, and everyone else on the last page. Now we're proposing this, acknowledging that the illustrator, editor, and layout designer are *equally* important. What do you think? This style of credit will appear on the front page of every 2,000 word article, rather than the last page (although the writer always appeared on the front page).

sick.jpg

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
I want to know upfront who has created what I am reading. That, in my mind has always includes the writer and the illustrator.

The layout and the editor, not so much interest in that. But I think that putting them up front is a good thing, to make the readers a bit more aware of what goes into an article, lift up the unsung heroes so to speak.

So I approve.

Gnarl45

First Post
I'm not really sure it makes sense.

I don't think the name of the author is there to give the author credit for his work. I think it’s more like a brand name. The name of the author gives you an idea of the style, nature, and quality of the writing. You can get an idea of the quality of the illustrations and layout by flipping through the pages or by looking at the cover. I think that is why the name of the author is on the cover and the name of everybody is in the credits.

You could also remove the name of the author from the cover. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to leave his name because your patrons are getting every article. It would make sense it you had a pay-per-article model.

It’s nice that you’re concerned about giving everybody in your team the credit they deserve though. I would appreciate it if I were in their shoes.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases