New ENnies Nominations!

The following three ENnies nominations replace those held by the Mass Effect RPG, which has been disqualified. After asking the ENnies judges to provide us with their new nominations, we apologize to these three companies, who should have been nominated the first time round. We hope that the nominations are not soured for them by the events of the last day, and that they will accept these nominations with our apologies. The ENnies judges all agree that these nominations are well-deserved. The original list will be updated to reflect these changes.

[h=4]Best Free Product[/h]
Valiant RPG Digital Initiative (Catalyst Game Labs)

valiant.jpg

[h=4]Best Electronic Book[/h]
Dragon Age Core RuleBook (Green Ronin Publishing)

GRR2808e_450_1024x1024.jpg

[h=4]Product of the Year[/h]
Designers & Dragons: A History of the Roleplaying Game Industry (Evil Hat Productions)

Designers & Dragons Cover 1970.jpg

Again, we thank you for your patience and understanding.

Fildrigar

Explorer
Good choices, and interesting that you drop an unlicensed Bioware product for an appropriately licensed one, but holy cow, ENnies. Way to give yourselves a black eye. If I were running a game company and got a late nomination like this, I'd be a little angry and annoyed. ( When someone along the way should have brought up this during the nomination process. )

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Oh, please, Fildrigar. While I might agree that the Mass Effect RPG should have been questioned earlier (a license for that property should have been well-known news), getting angry about being a replacement nomination a day after the original announcement is a bit of a stretch.

Fildrigar

Explorer
Oh, please, Fildrigar. While I might agree that the Mass Effect RPG should have been questioned earlier (a license for that property should have been well-known news), getting angry about being a replacement nomination a day after the original announcement is a bit of a stretch.

Are you trying to tell me that some of the replacement publishers aren't right now on these very forums getting pushback?
Now that I've seen which publishers directly benefited from the removal, and which publishers commented, I've been able to make an informed decision. Thank you for the assist.

Last edited by a moderator:

When someone along the way should have brought up this during the nomination process.
Have you seen the list of nominees? There's a LOT of submitted products and all have to be evaluated and compared to narrow down the list.
Checking each entry to see if it fits the requirements of the contest (let alone restrictions that aren't in place) and looking for disclaimers is time they don't have. Especially since this is being done by volunteers in their free time.

They made a bad assumption, didn't catch the unofficial nature of the product, and got burned. They'll know better next time, and the requirements for entry will be steeper.

Are you trying to tell me that some of the replacement publishers aren't right now on these very forums getting pushback?
I think they'll just be excited to have the extra nomination and increased publicity. The fact it was late doesn't change the fact they were nominated.

Dahak

Explorer
Edit: Turned out to be a miscommunication. I overreacted. Apologies to all.

Fildrigar

Explorer

Have you seen the list of nominees? There's a LOT of submitted products and all have to be evaluated and compared to narrow down the list.
Checking each entry to see if it fits the requirements of the contest (let alone restrictions that aren't in place) and looking for disclaimers is time they don't have. Especially since this is being done by volunteers in their free time.

They made a bad assumption, didn't catch the unofficial nature of the product, and got burned. They'll know better next time, and the requirements for entry will be steeper.

I think they'll just be excited to have the extra nomination and increased publicity. The fact it was late doesn't change the fact they were nominated.

I certainly hope the judges *actually read* the products. The ME RPG specifically said that it was unlicensed. I would think that this fact would have been noted and brought up during discussions about the product while judging.

And not all publicity is good. That guy right there ( points up thread ) is boycotting one of the replacement products publishers.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases