Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Class Deck Subscriptions Kick Off With Paladin

Paizo has just launched Class Deck subscriptions for its Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. Each 109-card deck focuses on a single class and saves you 20% on the price of the deck. You can start with the upcoming Paladin Class Deck.
Paizo has just launched Class Deck subscriptions for its Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. Each 109-card deck focuses on a single class and saves you 20% on the price of the deck. You can start with the upcoming Paladin Class Deck.

PZO6808_500.jpeg

"With your ongoing Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Class Deck subscription, we'll automatically send you each new Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Class Deck, charging your credit card automatically as we ship each product. You only need to sign up once, so you'll never need to worry about renewal notices or missed products! Best of all, each subscription shipment will give you a discount of 20% off the MSRP of that release. Items from your Class Deck subscription will be combined with your other Paizo subscriptions (including your Adventure Card Game subscription) to save money on shipping.

When you start an ongoing subscription, any existing preorders for products covered by your subscription are automatically cancelled (or if you've preordered more than one of an item, they'll have their quantity reduced by one). If you've already preordered any of the upcoming decks, you do not need to do anything special when you subscribe."

The August release is the Paladin class deck. This one has three, rather than four characters, which is a permanent change in the class decks. In this case, we have Koren (a self-hating half-orc who follows Sarenrae), Raz (a halfling paladin dog rider), and Seelah (the iconic Iomedae-following sword-wielding lover of good).

PZO6808-Koren_180.jpeg
PZO6808-Raz_180.jpeg
PZO6808-Seelah_180.jpeg

Chimpy

First Post
Are these class decks worth getting for home play? I enjoyed rise of the runelords and recently wrath of the righteous, but not quite sure how the cards in these class decks work with regards to the cards in the box.

keterys

First Post
Are these class decks worth getting for home play? I enjoyed rise of the runelords and recently wrath of the righteous, but not quite sure how the cards in these class decks work with regards to the cards in the box.
They're most useful for the Organized Play they do, where you use them for your character.

That said, they each have 3 new characters which adds a fair amount of further play options, and a subset of the boons will be new and/or special as each deck debuts (though future sets will likely then use said boons). So, if you're a collector or a little bored with the existing fare, they can be reasonable. They're not that expensive.

Best for Organized Play, though.

coriolis

Explorer
I would suggest an even cheaper alternative: simply download the character sheets from the Paizo website. You can then have the best of both worlds: the new powers of the characters, but with decks composed of the appropriate cards for the adventure path (this last point relates to one of the criticisms of the first batch of class decks, in that they are designed to be compatible with ALL adventure paths, and so lack the cards that interact with the special mechanics of a particular path, such as pirates and ships for Skull & Shackles, or demons and mythic abilities for Wrath of the Righteous).

keterys

First Post
Nothing else, check out the character sheets to see if it's something you're interested in!

Personally, I'd much prefer playing the class deck monks and barbarians with the boons in their decks, but I think we made some very interesting boons for them to use. The earlier class decks (which the subscription doesn't apply to) were a lot more spread in focus, with 4 characters and generally more difficult card requirements (like Zarlova having an option to pick up arcane spellcasting in the cleric deck).

If you're playing at home, I'd probably suggest first the base sets and addons, followed by the Organized Play scenarios (which don't require the class decks and provide more scenarios with the cards you already own), then the class decks.

Remove ads

Remove ads