New WotC Layoffs?

I have been unable to verify any of this, so consider this no more than a "rumour report". However I'm hearing that layoffs have occurred at WotC this week, and that one of the victims is art director Mark Painter. Again, all rumour at this point.

I have been unable to verify any of this, so consider this no more than a "rumour report". However I'm hearing that layoffs have occurred at WotC this week, and that one of the victims is art director Mark Painter. Again, all rumour at this point.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
It wouldnt surprise me. I posted this in another thread, but Hasbro sold a big card manufacturing plan, so its obviousy affecting Magic the gathering. Wizards is definitely downsizing in alot of ways. This is both good and bad.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Mark Painter? Hasn't he been one of the last holdouts from TSR days? Could this be a retirement?

Shemeska

Adventurer
The rumor I've seen on twitter and FB mentioned that it primarily hit the DnD group. But I haven't seen any confirmation or details.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
All reports I'm aware of have Magic doing really, really well. The selling of the Magic card plant has much less to do with the game doing poorly than a desire for a different business plan where Wizards/Magic outsources its printing (as it did in the early days) rather than be directly responsible for it. It very likely has very little to do with what's going on in D&D-land.

Well, D&D isn't doing many books at the moment, so they don't really need an art director., let alone 2-3. All that is handled by the outsourced studios.

Remove ads

Remove ads