GENCON Begins! Plus 10 Most Anticipated RPG Releases!

Technically, Gen Con doesn't begin until Thursday, but many publishers and fans are already in Indianapolis or en-route. Gen Con, as you may well know, is North America's largest tabletop gaming convention. Over the next week I'll be sure to share any scoops I hear of regarding your favourite roleplaying games, so keep an eye on this news page. Plus, of course, on Friday night the ENnies take place! I'll be posting the list of winners as soon as the award ceremony finishes.

Here's the floor sign awaiting airport arrivals - you can see this as you come down the escalator. Indianapolis always makes gamers feel welcome for Gen Con!

11751970_10153291949417530_3123934948489898803_n.jpg

RPG Geek posted a great list of the ten most anticipated RPG releases at this year's Gen Con. In alphabetical order, they are:

• Chill Third Edition from Growling Door Games, Inc.
  • Cthulhu Britannica: London and related releases from Cubicle 7 Entertainment
  • The Cypher System Rulebook from Monte Cook Games
  • Deluxe Tunnels & Trolls from Flying Buffalo, Inc. (FBI)
  • Fantasy AGE releases (Titansgrave: The Ashes of Valkana and Fantasy AGE Basic Rulebook) from Green Ronin Publishing
  • Feng Shui 2 from Atlas Games
  • HeroQuest Glorantha from Moon Design Publications
  • Lankhmar / Nehwon from Pinnacle Entertainment Group (Savage Worlds) and Goodman Games (Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game)
  • Pathfinder Roleplaying Game releases (especially Occult Adventures) from Paizo Publishing
  • Star Wars: Force and Destiny Core Rulebook from Fantasy Flight Games

Last edited by a moderator:

Ravenheart87

Explorer
Lankhmar / Nehwon from Pinnacle Entertainment Group (Savage Worlds) and Goodman Games (Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game)

^ This. And just generally, DCC adventures. They are doing an awesome good job with modules since DCC RPG. I'm also curious if there'll be anything interesting from Kenzer&Co. I would be happy if they had anything about Hacklopedia II or Mines of Chaos.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
Lankhmar / Nehwon from Pinnacle Entertainment Group (Savage Worlds) and Goodman Games (Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game)

^ This. And just generally, DCC adventures. They are doing an awesome good job with modules since DCC RPG. I'm also curious if there'll be anything interesting from Kenzer&Co. I would be happy if they had anything about Hacklopedia II or Mines of Chaos.

Kenzer & Co. will have the Hackmaster GMG, since that came out earlier this year. There's been no news regarding the Hacklopedia II.

Ravenheart87

Explorer
Kenzer & Co. will have the Hackmaster GMG, since that came out earlier this year. There's been no news regarding the Hacklopedia II.

I have the GMG too, I pre-ordered. I also have the Zealot's Guide Book I and II, so I'm not interested in those either. Yeah, the silence about Hacklopedia II is why I would love to have some news about it, but it seems other projects enjoy higher priority at Kenzer & Co.

graves3141

First Post
Do you guys think WotC will have a big announcement to make? I ask because it seems a little strange that they wouldn't wait to announce the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide at Gen Con without anything else up their sleeves.

Monster Manual II maybe?

Benji

First Post
Do you guys think WotC will have a big announcement to make? I ask because it seems a little strange that they wouldn't wait to announce the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide at Gen Con without anything else up their sleeves.

Monster Manual II maybe?

I thought that too but I don't think they'll announce anything. It's just odd that SCAG was announced the week before....

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases