Paizo Announced Lovecraftian STRANGE AEONS Adventure Path

Today at Gen Con, Paizo announced the adventure path slated for August 2016. Called Strange Aeons, it focuses on elder gods. Player characters suffer from amnesia, insanity will feature as a mechanic, and the author of the Necronomicon will be an NPC.

Whilst set in Golarion, this continues Paizo's exploration off the beaten track of fantasy RPGs. In the past, they've featured Rasputin, WWI, spaceships, and technology, and will be preceding Strange Aeons with the Hells' Rebels adventure path. However, the emphasize that this is not Call of Cthulhu, and that defeating monsters is the focus, not investigation.

The first adventure will be written by Wes Schneider.

Info and photo courtesy of Know Direction, which will be posting a full recording of the panel soon. Keep an eye on their page for it!

wpid-wp-1438359932530.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Know Direction is awesome. I appreciate their recordings and look forward to listening to this.

It's about time we got a Lovecraftian adventure path, and this product should work well with Occult Adventures. And there's time for that book to breathe and the designers to feel out the new options before writing the AP, unlike Mythic Adventures & Wrath of the Righteous.

I haven't seen Wes Schneider write many adventures, so I'm uncertain of his skills. But Rule of Fear was made of awesome and he's a cool dude, so that's reassuring.

epithet

Explorer
I'm wondering how much tweaking would be needed to integrate this AP into the Primeval Thule setting. Also, I'm wondering how well it will work with the madness rules in the 5e DMG.

Inchoroi

Adventurer
I keep throwing my wallet at the screen, but nothing is happening!

*looksatexpectedreleasedate*

Oh.

@$%&!

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases