A Spooky Open Call

Department stores are already putting out their Halloween merchandise, and EN5ider is getting in the spirit too! EN World EN5ider is looking for three 2,000 word articles and one 7,000 word adventure to run in the month of October, and we want your submissions now! The only new rule for this open call is that your Halloween submissions must be fit the ghoulish spirit of the holiday. We're looking for character subclasses (like a vampire-hunter fighter), collections of monsters (like evil, animated Jack-o-Lanterns), magic items, and everything in-between. The same applies to adventure submissions; how can you encapsulate the essence of Halloween in a 7,000 word fantasy adventure?

Department stores are already putting out their Halloween merchandise, and EN5ider is getting in the spirit too! EN World EN5ider is looking for three 2,000 word articles and one 7,000 word adventure to run in the month of October, and we want your submissions now! The only new rule for this open call is that your Halloween submissions must be fit the ghoulish spirit of the holiday. We're looking for character subclasses (like a vampire-hunter fighter), collections of monsters (like evil, animated Jack-o-Lanterns), magic items, and everything in-between. The same applies to adventure submissions; how can you encapsulate the essence of Halloween in a 7,000 word fantasy adventure?

All other EN5ider submission guidelines apply. The open call will remain open until September 31st, but priority will be given to submissions received before September 10th. Please direct all proposals to editor James Haeck at joeyhaeck@gmail.com.

button_en5ider.png

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Awesome. I know Ari (@mousferatu) will be all over this, having already written the most popular En5ider articles and then there is the little book called Heroes of Horror that he co-penned ;)

Anyway, I have many ideas (as I am sure do others), BUT what do people want to see here?

1. Playing undead characters.
2. Undead templates you can add to monsters.
3. Stats for undead creatures of the past (ie conversions). Any specifics people want?
4. New monsters.
5. Subclasses or feats for combating undead and horrors.
6. Subclasses or feats for embracing undeath and taint.
7. Scary spells.
8. Small write ups of creepy encounters. (Just small things to 'add in' to a larger adventure with horror as a theme).
9. Fully fleshed out encounters to drop in to a game.
10. An adventure.
11. A general collection of the above. An article with a mixture of the above.

Feel free to add others. Just getting a feel for what people actually want (though it is pretty clear from the En5ider votes that that is subclasses ;)).

jamesjhaeck

Explorer
I've already received a record number of submissions from this open call. Even better than EN5ider's busy first month! And they're all so good, too... The competition is gonna be fierce. Thanks for making my job so tough this season! :)

Valador

First Post
I would love to get in on this, as I plan on putting out adventures and campaign material as a hobby over Kickstarter, but unfortunately I'm in the middle of moving back to America from Europe have little time. :-( Good luck to everyone!

Blaarfengar

First Post
I'd really like a horror adventure, something unsettling and atmospheric rather than just a horde of skeletons. My group was planning a Halloween session anyway so this will be perfect/

Sigma77

First Post
You still want proposals first, as opposed to manuscripts, correct? This is my first time submitting work as a Freelancer, so I'm still getting the hang of it. Hoping I can put in a few submissions.

Remove ads

Remove ads