Trapdoor Tech is Back With A Pathfinder iOS Application!

If you remember Trapdoor Technologies from last year (DungeonScape; Codename: Morningstar), you may be interested to hear that they're back! They've just released Playbook for PRD for iOS devices -- PRD, of course, meaning Pathfinder Reference Document. "With Playbook, everything is at your fingertips from rulebooks, adventures, characters, and maps to the most specific character customization - even a hard-earned badge from an epic homebrew campaign. Rolling up characters, running adventures, tracking campaigns and compiling logbooks are no longer chores, but an integrated, shareable experience."

If you remember Trapdoor Technologies from last year (DungeonScape; Codename: Morningstar), you may be interested to hear that they're back! They've just released Playbook for PRD for iOS devices -- PRD, of course, meaning Pathfinder Reference Document. "With Playbook, everything is at your fingertips from rulebooks, adventures, characters, and maps to the most specific character customization - even a hard-earned badge from an epic homebrew campaign. Rolling up characters, running adventures, tracking campaigns and compiling logbooks are no longer chores, but an integrated, shareable experience."

char_creation_01.png

Last we heard of Trapdoor was their unsuccessful Kickstarter campaign for a Pathfinder version of their Codename: Morningstar software, which followed the unfortunate cancellation of their D&D 5th Edition license with WotC. This release appears to be a version of that vision - it has 7 modules:

Home Module -- Game Night mode to synchronize all Playbook modules for the evening's adventure; display your hard-won badges and honors; and keep updated with the latest Playbook announcements.
Character Module -- Build and manage characters; character generation from novice to expert; customize your character sheet; and quickly generate NPC’s.
Adventure Module -- As a GM, manage your adventure, track encounters, share maps and take notes. Links in the adventure allow for instant information lookup. If you’re a player, a customizable logbooks keeps notes, maps and your adventure exploits organized and sharable.
Campaign Module -- The big picture of an RPG setting is sometimes lost in the details. This module keeps the campaign story arc organized and available with campaign maps, major world events and notable places and people easy to find.
Party Module -- Share information, pass secret notes, and muster your own game nights.
Library Module -- Read your own creations or browse through an expanding library of content from small publishers and our prolific community of homebrew and indie authors!
Forge Module (in development) -- A powerful toolkit for easily creating your worlds. Everything from modifying monsters to making maps - edit existing content or start from scratch.

There's more information on their web page. You can find the application on the iTunes app store here.

adventure_01.png
char_sheet_01.png
char_sheet_02.png
library_01.png
library_02.png
map.png
party_01.png
tracker.png

Blackwarder

Adventurer
I played with the iOS 5e version at last year GenCon, it seems practically the same but for PF, for those who only saw the desktop version, the iOS version was in a much better state than those.

That being said there is a bug with character creation where sometimes no matter what you pick you always roll a human wizard, I already reported this.

Another nitpick, there should be a "full screen" mode to hide the top and bottom bars, especially while reading books.

Warder

Dausuul

Legend
I won't be buying this, since a) I don't play Pathfinder and b) I don't have an iPad. However, I'll be curious to hear what Pathfinder/iOS users think of it. After all the sturm und drang, how'd it shape up in the end?

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I won't be buying this, since a) I don't play Pathfinder and b) I don't have an iPad. However, I'll be curious to hear what Pathfinder/iOS users think of it. After all the sturm und drang, how'd it shape up in the end?

Well, it's free to test out, but it looks like it only goes to level 4 for free.

(Although it does not use the entire PRD, as it looks like the Core Rules are the only characters supported.)

Also, the AC doesn't calculate correctly. (I tried a character with no armor and Dex 14 and it shows AC 10.)

Remove ads

Remove ads