Release About Press Releases

I just wanted to drop a quick note about how press releases and the like tend to work here at EN World. Over on the right (assuming you're looking at this on the news page, and not via the forum, or Tapatalk, or what-have-you) you can see a list of press releases. Anybody is welcome to post one there. When a press release drops in my inbox, that's usually where I put it. It's the place for press releases, announcements, Kickstarter launches, promotions, competitions, and all that fun promotional stuff. Just hit the Post Announcement button. As you can see, I just today posted press releases from Cubicle 7 about their new Doctor Who RPG, and Chaosium about their new staff hiring.

I just wanted to drop a quick note about how press releases and the like tend to work here at EN World. Over on the right (assuming you're looking at this on the news page, and not via the forum, or Tapatalk, or what-have-you) you can see a list of press releases. Anybody is welcome to post one there. When a press release drops in my inbox, that's usually where I put it. It's the place for press releases, announcements, Kickstarter launches, promotions, competitions, and all that fun promotional stuff. Just hit the Post Announcement button. As you can see, I just today posted press releases from Cubicle 7 about their new Doctor Who RPG, and Chaosium about their new staff hiring.

There's no approval process - your press release appears automatically (there might be a slight caching delay before it appears on the front page). There is one caveat, though - EN World gets a *lot* of spambots trying to post links, and the easiest way to stop them is to not allow links in a user's first few posts. Right now, I've set that at three posts (down from ten) but the number may vary. You can still post an announcement or press release without links in it, and after three posts you'll be able to include links. I know that's a little bit of a pain, but it's not done to annoy, I promise!

So, anyway, feel free to post your announcements and press releases. Anything tabletop gaming related is fine - it's a clearinghouse for all self-submitted tabletop gaming news and announcements.

smiteworks

Explorer
Hey Morrus,

Should we still send stuff directly to you as well, and if so, should we allow a set amount of time to see if it catches your interest before we post to the side or just post in both places and let you promote it to front-page content if you are interested? I know we all want to be on the front page whenever possible, but can't always do that due to the sheer number of news items.

-Doug

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Should we still send stuff directly to you as well, and if so, should we allow a set amount of time to see if it catches your interest before we post to the side or just post in both places and let you promote it to front-page content if you are interested? I know we all want to be on the front page whenever possible, but can't always do that due to the sheer number of news items.

Yeah, it's not a change - just a reminder that there's a super-easy convenient way to get a press release up on the front page, since that feeds into the right hand column there. I generally put press releases there myself if I receive them (and try to make the news page my own words, though I put some press releases there - like Frog God Games' one the other day).

Remove ads

Remove ads