Darkmagic vs. Do'Urden - Watch Friday's Night's Acquisition's, Inc. Game!

Friday night's two-plus hour live Acquisitions, Inc. game at PAX Prime is now available for your watching delight. Chris Perkins, dressed ... interestingly ... runs the Rage of Demons adventure in front of a live audience. The players were Mike Krahulik (playing the wizard Jim Darkmagic), Jerry Holkins (playing the half-elf Omin Dran), Scott Kurtz (playing the dwarf Binwin Bronzebottom), and Patrick Rothfuss (playing the rogue Viari). In the runup to it, it was billed as "Darkmagic vs. Drizzt Do’Urden".

[video=youtube;LA3VbDqj7C4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA3VbDqj7C4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

graves3141

First Post
Wow, how surreal. I wonder if Perkins had even the slightest idea he would be doing this kind of stuff when he joined the company in the 90s. I'm surprised at how much "colorful" language there is too.

darjr

I crit!
So if Paul Rothfuss could not kill Drizzt out of some sort of authors code could Chris Perkins kill Rothfuss character with Drizzt?

Last edited by a moderator:

Henry

Autoexreginated
Mike: "Wait, so he's Omin, and his sister's Portentia, and his other sister is Aspexia... It's like a fortune telling pun! Did you get that?"
Scott: "Yeah, I got it... FIVE :):):):)ING YEARS AGO!"

Love it.

Did they REALLY start this ten years ago? I thought they had only been doing this since 4th Edition broke, and that was 2008.

Did anyone else think Scott was sick or something? He was sweating, but that could have been due to size and temperature on stage, but his voice sounded like an octave lower, too, like he had a head cold or something.

In any event, it wa a blast, and I look forward to finishing it tomorrow.

Barantor

Explorer
Mike: "Wait, so he's Omin, and his sister's Portentia, and his other sister is Aspexia... It's like a fortune telling pun! Did you get that?"

Love it.

Did they REALLY start this ten years ago? I thought they had only been doing this since 4th Edition broke, and that was 2008.

Did anyone else think Scott was sick or something? He was sweating, but that could have been due to size and temperature on stage, but his voice sounded like an octave lower, too, like he had a head cold or something.

In any event, it wa a blast, and I look forward to finishing it tomorrow.

Last night at the "Kurtz and Son" event he said he had been taking testosterone and it was making his voice crack like Greg Brady in the "Brady Bunch" so that is probably it.

Also [MENTION=84351]graves3141[/MENTION] this event is for adults and at night at PAX so it is expected to have that kind of language.

graves3141

First Post
Also [MENTION=84351]graves3141[/MENTION] this event is for adults and at night at PAX so it is expected to have that kind of language.

I'd never seen one of these before so thanks for the info. The language doesn't bother me but, even so, it feels a little forced... almost like they are going out of their way to use it.

graves3141

First Post

I have a question about this exchange. Was the man who responded to the question implying that he did not need clarification? I suspect he is but his response is too emotional and irregular for me to be sure. I just wonder if there is something else going on that I might have missed.

Iosue

Legend
I have a question about this exchange. Was the man who responded to the question implying that he did not need clarification? I suspect he is but his response is too emotional and irregular for me to be sure. I just wonder if there is something else going on that I might have missed.

The background is that it is indeed a five-year old joke that Mike was just now getting.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases