Rogue Mastermind Archetype Up, Courtesy of Extra Life

Courtesy of WotC's Extra Life charity game is the latest preview from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide (November 3rd). Following on from the previous previews, the Preface, Contents Page, Greenflame Blade cantrip, and Urban Bounty Hunter, we now have a good look at the Mastermind, a new rogue archetype.

Extra Life has finished now, with just over $84,000 raised, so I don't know if we'll see the other two previews that were slated for $90K and $100K - the Duergar race entry, and the hi-res map of north-west Faerün. The book is out in a month.

mastermind.jpg

SaveSave

Attachments

• mastermind.jpg
    mastermind.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 62,047
Last edited by a moderator:

wow... awesome, and I was right someone guessed a psionic class and I totally called more like Nate from leverage... it is more warlord like...

so now if I am a 3rd level fighter (battle master) 3rd level rogue (mastermind) 5th level bard (any) and refluff my spells as non magic, I am almost a warlord...

Love this. It makes more sense now how they're fitting a whole subclass plus into one page. This makes me excited to see the new Primal Paths, Druid Circles, The Bladesinger, the Purple Dragon Knight (which will most likely be refluffed into just "Knight" for my campaigns), etc.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I love Master of Tactics. My Lore Bard wants that!

wow... awesome, and I was right someone guessed a psionic class and I totally called more like Nate from leverage... it is more warlord like...

so now if I am a 3rd level fighter (battle master) 3rd level rogue (mastermind) 5th level bard (any) and refluff my spells as non magic, I am almost a warlord...

You should do a write-up of that, call it a Warlord, do the re-fluffs, and see what people think. You're going to have to juggle where the levels of each fall into, but I bet you could do it.

Don't have my books now, but aren't both the Mastermind and the Swashbuckler duplicating stuff that can be obtained with Feats, at least partially?

Jeez, can they publish some non-hideous halfling art?! I've heard the toddler proportions argument used as a defense against this terrible art direction, but that's frankly absurd. Toddler's arent adults, so it doesnt make sense that adult halflings use their head to body ratios. Unless halfling toddlers are 4/5 head...

Crunchwise, it looks decent, but that 17th level feature is pretty situational.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases