VIN DIESEL Just Played D&D

Back in July, actor Vin Diesel got an awesome D&D birthday cake. Last night he posted a video where he talks about his recent game of Dungeons & Dragons with the folks at The Nerdist. I don't know if the game was filmed, or if we'll ever get to see it, but even so it's great to hear that Vin had such a good time. He's starring in the movieThe Last Witchhunter (out this month), and he played a homebrew Witchhunter class in this game. In fact, director Corey Goodman said he was largely influenced by talks with Vin Diesel, specifically about his Dungeons & Dragons witch hunter character, going so far as to say "If it weren't for Vin Diesel's 'Dungeons & Dragons' character, 'The Last Witch Hunter' wouldn't exist."

[fb]10153771413778313[/fb]

I am at Nerdist and I just played a game of Dungeons & Dragons. I haven't played in so long, and it's so much fun, and the DM Matt Mercer was so cool - we had some people from Critical Role. We're here at The Nerdist. We played in conjunction to the release of The Last Witchhunter. This is so cool! OK, these are the people I played with. Watch this!

Yup! Guys, this was so much fun. Guys, these are the wonderful people that I played Dungeons & Dragons with and our DM Matt Mercer who really, really, really kicked ass. We've had Travis, we got Jessica, we just really knocked it out the part, all of us together. Dan was in there. I played a Witch Hunter, and I've gotta give credit to Matt Mercer who came up with the Wich Hunter class for today's campaign, customized it, pulled in a couple of Warlock spells, modified them for me a little bit, and we had a real blast! And I just want you guys to tell the whole world that I'm capable of rolling a couple of criticals!

Oh my god, it was so cool, and we did it together, and we did it as a team, and we really believe in each other, and we had so much.... guys, you know me, I had so much fun playing Dungeons & Dragons! [Puts on funny voice] I mean, it's been so long, and I work so hard, and I need more time for myself, and we all had great voices, too, and that's a wrap on Vinnie!

Guys, I had so much fun playing with you all. I'm gonna do it again. We're doing more. I'm joining in. I'm not kidding! I finally found my home, I've got Dungeons & Dragons players in LA! Yeah!"

vin.jpg

Lanliss

Explorer
This is so good. He is like a kid in a candy store, so happy. You never really see him in a happy role like that. Now I can't stop smiling, and my face hurts from smiling so hard. It is awesome to see someone getting back into it, and being SO happy about it.

Carl H

First Post
Be careful what you wish for.... every D&D movie I've seen has been... well bad.

A Vin Diesel helmed D&D film will very likely still miss the mark. Fantasy films are hard to pull off.

But getting him involved at least guarantees it will be a passion project for someone involved.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
Another great shout out for the awesome players at Critical Role. I tune in each week. Mercer is awesome. Great to know that Vin Diesel got a good game with a great DM.

chibi graz'zt has a crush on Vin Diesel <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases