Free D&D 5E Monster A Day PDF On Reddit

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
As far as D&D fan creations go, this one is right top there among the best. Some of the folks over at Reddit have combined efforts to create a collection of new monsters, with full colour artwork and stat blocks. Currently 91 monsters strong, you can download the PDF completely free. Monsters range from the Clockwork Pest at CR 1/4 up to the Umalog, The Ceaseless Hunger at CR 30. Others include the Fusion Elemental, Gnoll Deathknight, Ice Golem, Magma Bear, and many more. The stats were done by StoneStrix; the art by a wide range of folks.

mad_1.jpgmad_2.jpgmad_2.jpg

[h=4]Original Post[/h]
I don't often go to Reddit, but there is one exceptionally good section for 5e that I like. That's the Monster A Day section. They now have a PDF of their work, complete with a cover. It's basically like a Monster Manual 2, with all unique monsters. They're at 91 entries now. All are like a page out of a monster manual, complete with formatting and artwork and full stats, and many have strategy/tactics/background sections as well.

It's free. I think some people might like it. Check it out (accessible in two locations):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11857495/D&D/5E/MonsterADay/MaD - compendium.pdf

or

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzjax1-rJLokcTRGbDJ5RW9WdVU

Both continually are updated (though tend to be a couple days behind the newest monsters.

There is also an image icons list for the PDF.

And a Fantasy Grounds module for the PDF.

Attachments

• mad_1.jpg
    mad_1.jpg
    740.8 KB · Views: 103,883
  • mad_2.jpg
    mad_2.jpg
    717.6 KB · Views: 50,472
Last edited by a moderator:

werecorpse

Adventurer
I haven't been able to access it yet - but the examples look great. Makes me realise (as a DM) that a Monster Manual 2 is what I really want from WOTC.

garnuk

First Post
If only the editorial process for monster balance was more clear. Its so amazing seeing all these homebrews following the WoTC style guides.

dave2008

Legend
Just downloaded it, looks great. Where did they get the template for the pages - it looks so official? Is that available for download and personal use?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases