Go Beyond The Skies Again With Bruce "Voyage of the Princess Ark" Heard

Bruce Heard has kindly sent along a preview of an upcoming project. He, too, knows how much I like sharing previews! Coming up during the first week of December 2015, Calidar Publishing will be launching its second kickstarter. The new project, Beyond the Skies, is a 220+ pg full-color compendium for use with any RPG. Packed with thematic maps and handy floor plans, it tells all about gods, their spirit servants, their foes, the temples of their mortal followers, and the lairs of secret societies. A preview page is up and available for feedback. It says a lot about the new book and the talent behind it. You may remember how well the first book did, In Stranger Skies (it is trending at an astonishing 97% here on EN World's ratings) and this one promises to do as well or better. This kickstarter makes it possible for new backers to acquire the original book at a discounted price, and other titles strictly restricted to kickstarter supporters.

I'll update this with the Kickstarter link as soon as it goes live in December. In the meantime, here are the two previews he sent along.

If you don't know of Bruce Heard, he's someone worth learning about. I clearly remember his Voyage of the Princess Ark series in Dragon Magazine. Set in the Mystara campaign setting, it features the logs of a sky ship called the Princess Ark as it explored the world. Calidar is clearly a thematic successor to that series -- "In Stranger Skies... combines two parts: the story of the skyship Star Phoenix and a medieval fantasy campaign setting for use with role-playing games. This new fictional world focuses on air- and space-faring ships, but also explores several concepts, such as epic heroes striving for immortality, sentient planets, world souls providing global magic to the universe, and the ability of people to create their own gods."

PageSpread-2.png

Floor Plan Samples.jpg

havard

Adventurer
This is going to be great! I was very happy with the first Kickstarter. A rich fantasy setting with magical flying ships at its core. It really evoces the atmosphere of the Voyage of the Princess Ark from Dragon Magazine. The maps are amazing. Expanding the gods and planes seem like the next logical step. :)

-Havard

Bruce Heard

Calidar Publishing
This is going to be great! I was very happy with the first Kickstarter. A rich fantasy setting with magical flying ships at its core. It really evoces the atmosphere of the Voyage of the Princess Ark from Dragon Magazine. The maps are amazing. Expanding the gods and planes seem like the next logical step. :)

-Havard

Fingers crossed... everything should work as well as the first project. After this, it's much easier for me as I go back to writing Gazetteers, focusing on each setting with all the gods in the background already well established and quietly pulling the strings. :cool:

havard

Adventurer

Bruce Heard

Calidar Publishing
Well, yeah. The next one is either Caldwen (the former-demon-worshiping magiocracy) or Osriel (the merchant princes republic).

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases