When A Game Store Goes Above And Beyond

Now this is an act of remarkable generosity. Noble Knight Games is taking it upon itself to fulfil the failed pledges of a Kickstarter campaign by Ken Whitman's d20 Entertainment. Ken Whitman has an unfortunate reputation in the industry for failing to deliver on things repeatedly over a 20-year period, and Noble Knight has received a shipment of stock despite knowing that Kickstarter backers have not received anything. So what are they doing? They're donating that inventory to the Kickstarter backers. Noble Knight Games is a store based in Wisconsin, USA.

Below is their announcement. Here's their website.

Dear Gamers,

Unfortunately after receiving our shipment of these d20 Entertainment Kickstarter items, we found out that a number of backers on the original Kickstarter have not received their merchandise.
While supplies last, we are giving away our inventory to anyone who did not originally receive their purchases as they should have.

We have in stock a number of the books and a few of each ship (only one painted version, we also did not receive everything we should have). If you did not receive your purchase as you should have, forward us your invoice as well as your address and contact information and we will send what we can out to you! No charge, no strings attached.

**Please note we are not in any way affiliated with these Kickstarters, products or d20 Entertainment. We are simply a store that purchased product we don't feel right keeping or selling, so we are donating our inventory.**

Happy gaming,
Aaron Leeder
Noble Knight Games

There are entire websites devoted to chronicling the activities of Ken Whitman. He's also known for threatening lawsuits - he threatened to sue RPG.net when some posters there made disparaging comments about him, although nothing came of it. As well as d20 Entertainment, he ran Rapid POD (a printing company). d20 Entertainment ran Kickstarters for a Knights of the Dinner Table live action series, and a Traveller series, although reading the comments of both Kickstarters is fairly indicting.

darjr

I crit!
Wow! That's cool. Ken even screwed them by not giving them everything they paid for? I didn't know that.

Good on ya Noble Knight Games.

Cody C. Lewis

First Post
Good for them man. Now THAT is a hell of a business move.

Reminds me of a quote from Henry Ford...
The man who will use his skill and constructive imagination to see how much he can give for a dollar, instead of how little he can give for a dollar, is bound to succeed.

In the interest of fairness, I'd like to point out that Tom Anders from Impact! Miniatures is also helping out. Here is Tom's post from Facebook:

"Happy to help as much as possible. Aaron at Noble Knight Games is going to make sure the 17 books get mailed out to backers that did not get them and Impact! is going to work with him to get him free product from our best selling items for him to sell (since he is my main US wholesaler) to help him fully recover the cost of his postage and his purchase price of the 17 KODT books. So this way hopefully as a team with Jolly Blackburn running point to get addresses, we can get the books into the hands of the backers that never received them."

So it is a very generous team effort from Noble Knight Games to get this done. I've had multiple great dealings with both companies before, so I'm not at all surprised that they've both jumped in to help out here.

Great job guys!

Umbrathys

Explorer
A prime example of my own foolishness... I should have investigated the company / individual before backing the Kickstarter for the Traveller DVD. I will excuse myself as my love of Traveller clouded my cognitive abilities :) Nah. I was just gullibly foolish :)
At lease these companies are trying help out on the non-DVD rewards.
I think I will buy something from them just to show I approve of their motives and actions.
Great job guys :)

darjr

I crit!
Don't be so harsh on your self. Ken Whitman is a first class fast talker and fast talked to plenty of good people.

A prime example of my own foolishness... I should have investigated the company / individual before backing the Kickstarter for the Traveller DVD. I will excuse myself as my love of Traveller clouded my cognitive abilities :) Nah. I was just gullibly foolish :)
At lease these companies are trying help out on the non-DVD rewards.
I think I will buy something from them just to show I approve of their motives and actions.
Great job guys :)
I imagine the Knights of the Dinner Table kickstarter fooled a LOT of people, given there's a couple Dead Gentlemen/Zombie Orpheus actors involved.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I've followed Ken on FB for over a year and all this time I had no idea he was a scammer...this is all new to me.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases