New Gothic D&D Storyline To Be Announced On Monday
  • New Gothic D&D Storyline To Be Announced On Monday

I've heard from various sources that WotC will be announcing the new storyline on Monday. They've apparently seeded various promotional images to several websites. I don't know any more than that, but if I hear anything, I'll let you know. The below image was apparently sent to The Escapist. Make of it what you will! Looks to me like vampires and ... Ravenloft? (Though if it's not set in the Forgotten Realms, that'd be uncharacteristic.)

And Geek & Sundry was sent this piece:

Comments 67 Comments
      chibi graz'zt -
      very gothic, I see a bit of blood on her neck, vampires perhaps?!?
      lax88 -
      Vampire!
      Curmudjinn -
      Those are definitely fang marks on the left side of her neck, in the shadow of her chin.
      All those Ravenloft rumors seem to have substance now.
      Shasarak -
      Mmm, so i wonder: Ravendeep or Waterloft?
      Louis Brenton -
      RAVENLOFT!! RAVENLOFT!! RAVENLOFT!!
      dave2008 -
      The curtains above her head make a mouth with enlarged canines
    1. mflayermonk -
      Skullport beholders.

"Skullport

Skullport is a city that lies more than a mile beneath Waterdeep. Skullport is a lawless place of slave traders, pirates, and demi-humans, where illithids, drow, beholders and other less savory creatures traffic with merchants and buccaneers from the surface. This settlement was detailed in the 1999 supplement Skulldeep, written by Joseph Wolf."
      from wikipedia
      darjr -
      She has bite marks and a drop of blood on her neck.
    1. God -
      The Escapist describes the top image as a picture from a Tarokka card. It's Ravenloft.
      Klaudius Rex -
      Yup, both images look like the Ravenloft exclusive gypsy race, the Vistanti. I wonder if classic NPCs such as Dr. Van Ritchen or Lady Weathermay (I think that was her name) or Azlun the lich will make appearances?

After all, Drizzt was supposed to be in Out of the Abyss, but it was only Bruneor Battlehammer who showed up in that AP.
      HardcoreDandDGirl -
      PC vistanti race... please...
      Curmudjinn -
      Quote Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
      The curtains above her head make a mouth with enlarged canines

Good catch! Now that I look, it's glaringly obvious.
      Klaudius Rex -
      Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreDandDGirl View Post
      PC vistanti race... please...
      Uh, yeah HardcoreGirl, your right....don't go summon the Mists on me now....
      Savage Wombat -
      Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
      The Escapist describes the top image as a picture from a Tarokka card. It's Ravenloft.
      Nah, I have the Tarokka deck - used it 'bout a year ago in fact - and that's not the same art style. But still pretty Mists-like.

/crosses fingers

/to repel Strahd
      Raphael Pinthus -
      Clarification: "Storyline" here means, "a series of modules released through the Adventurers' Leage", correct? - I am terribly out of the loop when it comes to 5e.
      Jester David -
      Holy poo! I am excited.
      Jester David -
      The Innocent is an established Tarokka card.

http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/w...ka_Deck_(Item)

Oh man... don't mess it up. Please please please...
      Sqn Cdr Flashheart -
      Not my thing at all raven loft, but I know there is a lot of fans out there. So hopefully it is up to expectations, I'll stick with The Blight, which looks a tad darker than what raven loft was (i have the box set and module) . Still I may get surprised by its awesomeness
    1. spectacle -
      Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Pinthus View Post
      Clarification: "Storyline" here means, "a series of modules released through the Adventurers' Leage", correct? - I am terribly out of the loop when it comes to 5e.
      It means a series of D&D related products with a common theme, including an adventure path book and AL modules, and possibly board games, videogames and more.
      Sword of Spirit -
      Just remember everyone--they have an incredibly adept skill at making sure everything somehow fits into the Forgotten Realms.

While this adventure will likely be excellent, I would advise that no on get their hopes up that it will actually be set in Ravenloft, rather than just inspired by the feel of it.

It quite possibly could be, but it would be a departure from the marketing strategy so far, and we have been told not too long ago that everything they were working on in "the foreseeable future" was Forgotten Realms. We were also told that they are working on (foreseeing?) things through at least 2017, (last I heard).

Again, if you're like me, assume it's just going to be an inspired by Ravenloft theme. Then, if it does end up being a Masque or a full on adventure through the Mists, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Comments Leave Comment