[UPDATED] The Archmage (aka Ed Greenwood) Returns to the Forgotten Realms

Jeremy E Grenemyer

Feisty
Supporter
Forgotten Realms creator Ed Greenwood has announced that he will be using the opportunities afforded by WotC's new Dungeon Master's Guild platform to return to the Realms with a series of annual region guides and four adventures. These will be published by The Ed Greenwood Group. Additionally, Greenwood is writing and publishing an annual two-volume set of novellas and adventures starring Mirt, the first Forgotten Realms character.

ed-greenwood-apples.jpg

"The Ed Greenwood Group is pleased to announce a special Forgotten Realms® project: guides and adventures that explore the unexplored. Each year Ed Greenwood, The Archmage, will write a guide to a different part of the Realms and to accompany this guide his company will publish four role playing adventures. Three adventures will come from the minds of his Sessoirum of Creatives and one slot a year will be held open for a contribution from the Realms fans.

Details on how fans can submit their works for considerations with more on the adventures and guides will be posted at www.OnderLibrum.com soon.

The guides and adventures will be published by The Ed Greenwood Group, supported by Onder Broadcasting and made available to the public via Wizards of the Coast’s Dungeon Master’s Guild program and OneBookshelf, their designated distributor

IN ADDITION

The Office of Ed Greenwood is pleased to announce that Ed Greenwood, The Archmage, will be writing a brand new series of linked novellas and adventures featuring Mirt, the very first character in the Forgotten Realms®. This annual two-volume set will be published by The Ed Greenwood Group, supported by Onder Broadcasting and made available to the public via Wizards of the Coast’s Dungeon Master’s Guild program and OneBookshelf, their designated distributor."

UPDATE FROM MORRUS -- Ed dropped me a quick note to say "Let's call them Mirt "stories" rather than "novellas." MUCH shorter than novels, is the plan. Mirt goes to a little-detailed place. Mirt stories, NOT novels, end of the year. Mirt goes to a neglected Realms locale in a story, Volo's Guide to same spot, plus game adventure".

Attachments

• ed-greenwood-apples.jpg
    ed-greenwood-apples.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 16,377
Last edited by a moderator:

darjr

I crit!
Game. Changer. DMSGuild just gets better and better. Can't wait for the Gygax kids to do greyhawk stuff and the creator of Eberron to publish his back catalogue. The future is bright!

So who's going to try and write some of these?

Jeremy E Grenemyer

Feisty
Supporter
So who's going to try and write some of these?
I am going to put my hat in the ring for this.

I am very excited to see the Realms guides, too.

Regarding the new Mirt stories: I prefer paper to reading from a screen, but if I've been wanting Mirt stories for so long now that I'll take what I can get.

Corpsetaker

First Post
Ed Greenwood is writing Forgotten Realms material for the DM Guild!

From Facebook: It's official... the Archmage is writing in the Forgotten Realms! ========================== The Ed Greenwood Group is pleased to announce a special Forgotten Realms® project: guides and adventures that explore the unexplored. Each year Ed Greenwood, The Archmage, will write a guide to a different part of the Realms and to accompany this guide his company will publish four role playing adventures. Three adventures will come from the minds of his Sessoirum of Creatives and one slot a year will be held open for a contribution from the Realms fans. Details on how fans can submit their works for considerations with more on the adventures and guides will be posted at www.OnderLibrum.com soon. The guides and adventures will be published by The Ed Greenwood Group, supported by Onder Broadcasting and made available to the public via Wizards of the Coast’s Dungeon Master’s Guild program and OneBookshelf, their designated distributor --------------IN ADDITION-------------- The Office of Ed Greenwood is pleased to announce that Ed Greenwood, The Archmage, will be writing a brand new series of linked novellas and adventures featuring Mirt, the very first character in the Forgotten Realms®. This annual two-volume set will be published by The Ed Greenwood Group, supported by Onder Broadcasting and made available to the public via Wizards of the Coast’s Dungeon Master’s Guild program and OneBookshelf, their designated distributor. ============================ [editorial note: THIS is going to be EPIC!!!] [*rubs hands eagerly*]

Last edited by a moderator:

Corpsetaker

First Post
All I can say is "Thank God"! I'm sure Ed will bring the Realms back in line to where it should be. I could actually see more people purchasing his material than Wizards'.

Mirtek

Hero
Well, i'll wait for the reviews. I am not that interestedin Ed's realms, from what I heard manyof my favorite parts are missing in his homebrew realms.

Ed may have build the sandbox, but then others came and build nicer castles in it than he did.

It's like discovering that Groening has ben privately writing his own Simpsons stories different from the ones that have been aired and that his version has no Flanders and Chief Wiggum

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases