TABLETOP Season 4 To Feature LANTERNS and CODE NAMES

Wil Wheaton has announced a couple of the games being played on his popular Tabletop web show this year, along with other news about the upcoming season (which will be the 4th season of the show). He and his team have reduced a list of about 450 games down to around 20, which are mainly boardgames but will include a couple of roleplaying games. The focus is a little more on family games this year (things in the vein of Tsuro and Ticket to Ride). While there's no official release date yet, the beginning of June is looking likely.

GS-Tabletop-Logo.jpg

Games to be included are Lanterns and Code Names, while Tiny Epic Galaxies is a strong contender. This year there won't be any gag reels, and episodes will have a bi-weekly schedule schedule.

It seems that the upcoming season almost didn't happen."We’ve taken a longer than usual hiatus because I was burned out, frustrated and unhappy after a really terrible experience with a (formerly) trusted friend last season, and wondering if I even wanted to do another season of the show. After a long hiatus that has allowed me to work on other things and rediscover the joy of playing games for the sake of playing games, as well as time to heal the wounds from Season 3, I’m back to work with my team, and starting to get things together for Season 4."

pic2372790_md.png
pic2582929_md.jpg

Nytmare

David Jose
Yikes, I hadn't really watched much of the last season. I wonder what happened.

Of those three, I've been hearing a lot of buzz, but Codenames is the only one I've had a chance to play. Is the list of possible contenders published somewhere accessible?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yikes, I hadn't really watched much of the last season. I wonder what happened.

Of those three, I've been hearing a lot of buzz, but Codenames is the only one I've had a chance to play. Is the list of possible contenders published somewhere accessible?

No. He only revealed those three names.

Hollow Man

Explorer
Wil really, REALLY needs to stop bashing the person he feels was the cause of problems last year for the show. Whether he was or not, it's such bad management to keep publicly flogging the guy. I'm glad I don't work for him.

-HM

Agamon

Adventurer
Codenames is a great game to play, not sure about watching people play it, though. He'll need some extra entertaining guests for that one.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases