Chris Perkins' Blue Water Inn Map Sketch For CURSE OF STRAHD

Here's another of Chris Perkins' hand drawn map sketches for Curse of Strahd. This is the Blue Water Inn (following on from Old Bonegrinder and the Vistani Camp). As with the previous sketches, these may contain spoilers, so view them at your own peril! The book itself comes out March 15th (11 days earlier for preferred stores).

tumblr_inline_o2lqjyGQ4V1se1irp_500.png

pming

Legend
I hope those are the style of maps in the actual book....b/w, clean, easy to read. I hope these aren't "sketches" that he's going to give to some other artist-cartographer to wreck them by turning them into a blurry, coloured mess that costs several thousand dollars to create.

Perkins maps there give me a feeling of the old hand-drawn Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay maps (1st edition) at the back of the core rules ("Wayside Shrine", "Typical Farmstead", etc). Those maps always brought forth such a strong feeling of...believability?...to me. To this day, my mapping style for above-ground mapps looks much like those do (and, consequently, Mr.Perkins maps here, with some slight artistic changes, of course).

*crosses fingers*

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I hope those are the style of maps in the actual book....b/w, clean, easy to read. I hope these aren't "sketches" that he's going to give to some other artist-cartographer.

I'm afraid you're going to be very disappointed. These are sketches given to the cartographer.

JeffB

Legend
Thats impressive.

Id like to see them make it into the book like that, but those dont have enough eye candy for a WOTC product.

Mason4444

First Post
I really like this style of map too. This is enworld, perhaps we could encourage him to do some kind of cartography/sketch book on kickstarter. Or maybe Morris can sweet talk him into doing some maps for EN5inder?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases